Terms of service...

for those of you who run a non-business forum, what do you put in your Terms of Service/Rules?
Can anyone post the contents of your terms/rules page or a link to it? I'd like to get some ideas beyond the typical
  • You agree to not use this website to post any material which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violates any laws.
  • We reserve the rights to remove or modify any messages posted for any reason.
Thanks for sharing.

Mine were legally drawn up (know a lawyer). You're welcome to copy this in part or in full.

http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/terms.html

Key factors to change for your own use

"Socially Uncensored"
"SU"
Web Address
Links
*Age (min age of based on location)

lol, K.I.S.S., eh?
Of course :) No one wants to read 5 pages of rules and regulations before joining a site. It's a major turnoff.

Besides, the bad guys will ignore the rules anyway, so stating something like "Any kind of spamming is prohibited here" doesn't make much sense at all. For most people it is common sense to not spam your site and the spammers won't care a tiny bit about your rules.

The basic problem is that your personal rules and terms you set up for your personal web site are not worth the (virtual) paper they're written on if you cannot enforce them. That's the difference to real laws.

Top Bottom