XF 2.1 Template upgrade from 1.5.21 to 2.1.10

oxygeno2

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my Xenforo Board from 1.5.21 to 2.1.10.

I used an external template as the main template. There is a 2.1.10 version of the main template to download, too.

Should I now delete the 1.5 template version before upgrading, or can I simply overwrite the 1.5 with the 2.1 template?

Best regards... ;)

When you say template, do you mean style?

XF1 add-ons and styles aren't compatible with XF2 so you will need an updated version.

Yes i mean style ;)

Hello @Brogan,

Addons are completely deleted beforehand by hand ;) Thats not a problem.

Is that correct:

Appearance> Styles:
Select 2.1.10 style from the hard disk (XML).

And then: Overwrite style (from 1.5.10)

Best regards

Last edited:
I think I deleted my 1.x style before upgrading, then installed the 2.x version after when I did 1.5 to 2.1. But it has been well over a year so I couldn't tell you if that was recommended or personal preference to start clean.

Hello @Mendalla thanks for the answer.

Do you think there are remnants of 1.5 style left? Even if you overwrite this with the 2.1 style?

Never noticed any. If there are, they aren't visible in the system. You'd have to probe the files using an FTP client or file manager of some sort (I use cPanel File Manager). Add-ons, yes. I think I left one or two in place by accident and there are bits hidden away but, again, not visible in the board, just in the raw files. I had three add-ons before, but two were replaced by new functionality in 2.1 and the other wasn't upgraded so I replaced it with a different one. (Yes, I managed to go from 3 add-ons to just one).

EDIT: As I hit Save, I remembered that the graphics that were in use like the logo were still there in the old style's folder structure. They have since been moved so that all the graphics I use in my style are in one place.

Top Bottom