Lack of interest template groups

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

majdi

i used wbb in the past and i find the way it handles templates great.
whenever you make a template change you must save it separately into a group of templates that you can name as you like, you can make multiple groups of templates and make each style use a different group.
the original template will not be modified, the style will use the group template if it exists and the default one when there is no modified version.
the advantage of this concept is whenever you make updates to your forum or style you will always have the original template and the modified one in one place. this makes fixing any potential bug much easier and you can quickly switch between both.

my english is bad :( and what i wrote might not be clear to some of you. if you are curious enough check the wbb demo and try to modify a template and you will understand what i am trying to say. it will only take 5 minutes.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
i used wbb in the past and i find the way it handles templates great.
whenever you make a template change you must save it separately into a group of templates that you can name as you like, you can make multiple groups of templates and make each style use a different group.
the original template will not be modified, the style will use the group template if it exists and the default one when there is no modified version.
the advantage of this concept is whenever you make updates to your forum or style you will always have the original template and the modified one in one place. this makes fixing any potential bug much easier and you can quickly switch between both.

my english is bad :( and what i wrote might not be clear to some of you. if you are curious enough check the wbb demo and try to modify a template and you will understand what i am trying to say. it will only take 5 minutes.

I think this is not necessary at all, for the following reasons:

XenForo already has a master style, that you cannot access or delete, and that means that you always have the original template available.

You can already customize the templates for any style you want, if you only want to customize a group, do that group, and then do other styles inherit from that group, and do the next group, you can have inheritance to as many levels as you want. This is already achievable in XenForo. The current model for doing that is a little different but if the only thing you are looking for is organization, then this is already possible.

Top Bottom