XF 1.1 Template Error showing to public on all themes

faeronsayn

My users are getting this template error that I am not. I've tried changing to different browsers and different users but I still don't get the error. The error is occurring on all the themes these users have tried.

This is the template error

Code:
Template Errors: PAGE_CONTAINER

1. htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in my/file/path/to/library/XenForo/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 1903

Does anyone know why this error occurs and how I can possibly fix it.

They're only getting that if they're in debug mode, which you really shouldn't be using in production. Let's just suffice it to say that it's arguably a security issue.

Unfortunately, the error is happening from bad data being passed into an internal function, which may well be masking where the error is actually coming from. I'd recommend disabling add-ons and all template modifications (if using the add-on) and confirming the issue on a default style. Then you can re-enable bit by bit to try to track down the cause.

They're only getting that if they're in debug mode, which you really shouldn't be using in production. Let's just suffice it to say that it's arguably a security issue.

Unfortunately, the error is happening from bad data being passed into an internal function, which may well be masking where the error is actually coming from. I'd recommend disabling add-ons and all template modifications (if using the add-on) and confirming the issue on a default style. Then you can re-enable bit by bit to try to track down the cause.

The problem is that I can't replicate that issue. I am not getting that error, so how should I go about solving it for my members? Is this some error that I can ignore or should it be dealt with? By disabling debug mode the error should disappear, so should I simply ignore the error?

If you can't reproduce it, there's not a lot that you will really be able to do - there may be more information in the server error log (I don't recall).

Turning off debug mode will suppress the error.

You don't think it's any sort of fatal error that could compromise security or something?

You don't think it's any sort of fatal error that could compromise security or something?
Its too late... They are already inside :p

The_scary_door_tn.jpg

Top Bottom