1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Technical Problems!!!

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by ZingzingYip, Dec 11, 2014.

1. ZingzingYip

ZingzingYip New Member

Hi, here are some technical problems:
    1. Is it the open source code?
    2. If your product was bought, could we do the secondary development? What kind of secondary development could we do? Would you mind explaining more?
    3. If your product was bought, is it run on your server, or on our server?
    4. What else service could we get?
    That's it. Thanks for helping us out!

2. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

1. The fact that you need to buy it means it is not open source.
    2. You can do whatever you please with it.
    3. Your server.
    4. You can get loads of addons from the Resources section of this forum. Official add-ons (such as Resource Manager, Media Gallery and Extended Search) are available from the Customer Area for an extra cost, so are Branding Removal and Installation services.

3. ZingzingYip

ZingzingYip New Member

Thank you!!!

When you reply "You can do whatever you please with it.", does it mean "I can change, optimize and customize the code that XenForo provide?"

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You can change the XenForo code, yes.

5. ZingzingYip

ZingzingYip New Member

Then, what's the XenForo basic package? What's inside? what's kind of source code inside this package?

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I don't understand the question.

XenForo is written in PHP, if that's what you mean.

7. cellarius

cellarius Active Member

I think there's a misunderstanding - with "open source" he might be asking if xenForo is visible source, i.e. whether the source code is in any way encrypted. To answer that: It is not. It's plain readable php code.