Add-on TeamSpeak 3 Integration [Paid or Crowd-funded]

Is this still relevant? While I loathe crowdfunding (been taken for a ride more times than I care to think about), I'm more than willing to purchase a license to the final product.

Yes. I've been talking to him passed few weeks. Waiting for him to finish the Sync feature to test it out.

Just a bit of an update. Very close to wrapping up an initial version. Got bit sidetracked with some personal commitments hence the slow progress. Not sure if many of you noticed but the crowd-fund idea didn't go ahead so there was no funding beforehand involved, which I think was better since I had a few things come up and it would've painted me in a bit of a negative light. Anyway, as said I've been in contact with @Daphonic and he's provided helpful insights on how things should work and possible additions but I thought it'd be useful to update anyone else curious about this project. Right now, syncing is almost complete. There are one or two issues I need to work out and then it should be good. XenForo user groups can be tied to specific Server / Channel Groups on the TeamSpeak server. Users will be added to their respective groups on the server once you configure it all via the ACP. You can also add users to specific groups individually, if you so wish.

Removing works similarly too. Lets say I want to remove myself from the Server Admin and Staff groups on the server. I can go to my account in the ACP and remove myself from those groups. Once I hit save, a command will be issued to the server to make those changes.

XxRTr6j.png

Instead of removing users from groups manually, one by one, you can also make sweeping changes and unlink a user group from the Server / Channel Groups that were assigned to it. That will also push changes to the TS server.

Just thought I'd share a little update on my progress. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Just a bit of an update. Very close to wrapping up an initial version. Got bit sidetracked with some personal commitments hence the slow progress. Not sure if many of you noticed but the crowd-fund idea didn't go ahead so there was no funding beforehand involved, which I think was better since I had a few things come up and it would've painted me in a bit of a negative light. Anyway, as said I've been in contact with @Daphonic and he's provided helpful insights on how things should work and possible additions but I thought it'd be useful to update anyone else curious about this project. Right now, syncing is almost complete. There are one or two issues I need to work out and then it should be good. XenForo user groups can be tied to specific Server / Channel Groups on the TeamSpeak server. Users will be added to their respective groups on the server once you configure it all via the ACP. You can also add users to specific groups individually, if you so wish.

Removing works similarly too. Lets say I want to remove myself from the Server Admin and Staff groups on the server. I can go to my account in the ACP and remove myself from those groups. Once I hit save, a command will be issued to the server to make those changes.

XxRTr6j.png

Instead of removing users from groups manually, one by one, you can also make sweeping changes and unlink a user group from the Server / Channel Groups that were assigned to it. That will also push changes to the TS server.

Just thought I'd share a little update on my progress. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)
Keep up the good work! This sounds like a great feature!

Is this the crowd funding link?

http://www.pozible.com/project/189800

Also, would there be a possibility of extending the project to include mumble integration? I'm actually in the process of receiving quotes to build a mumble web interface and would love to take part in a crowd funded project or to talk about a contracted job.

Yeah, that's it. A few people reached out saying they wanted to contribute so I set that up to give them piece of mind but only one person contributed so it didn't go through. :)

Also, would there be a possibility of extending the project to include mumble integration? I'm actually in the process of receiving quotes to build a mumble web interface and would love to take part in a crowd funded project or to talk about a contracted job.
Certainly something I can look in to after my schedule and current projects clear up.

Just for mention my support: If its a good and safe addon, I will buy or contribute.

Do you will continue to extend features after first release?

Just for mention my support: If its a good and safe addon, I will buy or contribute.

Do you will continue to extend features after first release?
The add-on is perfectly safe and is currently in use with a production site with no issues at this time.

The first release will come with some different functionality such as the server viewer, the user group syncing and also a widget or two but will also lay down the groundwork for future expansion. There are plans for a number of different additions to the add-on that people have suggested or that I think will be useful (especially in my experiences with running a TeamSpeak server alongside a forum) so yes, there will defiantly be more feature additions after the first release.

There are one or two issues I need to work out and then it should be good.
Worth noting that the issues I noted about in my little update above have been resolved and syncing now works flawlessly. More testing is required to make sure I catch anything I might've missed and then also will be polishing everything up.

I can't wait for release! I've got a fresh Xenforo site started and a Teamspeak that I so badly want to integrate into the site!

If you need/want another tester contact me, I'd be glad to throw it on my site. I have about 10-15 users currently and I don't care if something breaks as I maintain proper backups.

Will this be a one way integration from Xenforo to Teamspeak or will Teamspeak be able to update xenforo groups also?

If I set a group on Teamspeak will xenforo add that group to that user on the website?

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread here with interest as we're currently looking for a bug free TS integration for our forums :)

If I set a group on Teamspeak will xenforo add that group to that user on the website?
Not quite, since you link the TeamSpeak groups to XenForo User Groups through the ACP for it to know which server / channel groups to actually assign. So yeah, it's mostly one way at the moment but if I can come up with a good way to handle that specific case, I'm sure it could be something worth adding.

One thing i played with a long time ago is new post have an option to be added to Ts users private messages.

So if I post a topic and ticked a box all users will get a private message saying a small bit about the post and then a link directly to the post)

This I think would offer a great way of getting members back on the forums.

I also setup previously a addon for credits allowing every 15 minutes users on TS got credits to their account for participation on TS

I'm more of a code hack and slasher and don't really know how to code up a full plug in but these features would really rock and maybe some future ideas of where you might be able to take this addon

One thing i played with a long time ago is new post have an option to be added to Ts users private messages.

So if I post a topic and ticked a box all users will get a private message saying a small bit about the post and then a link directly to the post)

This I think would offer a great way of getting members back on the forums.

I also setup previously a addon for credits allowing every 15 minutes users on TS got credits to their account for participation on TS

I'm more of a code hack and slasher and don't really know how to code up a full plug in but these features would really rock and maybe some future ideas of where you might be able to take this addon

Ok... The PRIVATE LINK and the Credits on TeamSpeak... Really the Credits on TeamSpeak could be huge! I would love this to be somehow added. both of them really, but the Credits for being on TeamSpeak Even more so!! We could use this for so many things.

Top Bottom