TAZ Migrating to XF

Goodfella

Im sure some of you are members of The Admin Zone. Its good to see them moving to XF this week! Its also important to take into consideration that many of the webmaster (forum manager) forums are migrating to XF. Two big examples are DP & TAZ! These guys know forums so they chose XF for a reason =D

I never thought I'd see DigitalPoint and TheAdminZone referenced in the same sentence, but you did it. Congratulations. :D
Im glad to see TAZ migrate to XenForo :) can't wait!

And why would you not see them referenced in the same sentence?

I don't get the reference.

Anyway I'm excited that their merging TAZ with AdminExtra.

I hope they merge my accounts. I'll probably have to ask since my username is different on TAZ and adminextra.

Im kind of lost no where did i say TAZ vs DP. I used them as examples of people who know the forum software and are deciding to go to xenforo...
It wasn't per se the VS.... but the two BIG forums. I'd have to look (but all I see now is blah) but I don't think similar in size.... but I do agree it's nice to see more forums coming to XenForo.

Reactions: DRE
I don't get the reference.

Anyway I'm excited that their merging TAZ with AdminExtra.

I hope they merge my accounts. I'll probably have to ask since my username is different on TAZ and adminextra.
Do you use the same email address?

Oh okay I gotcha. Basically DP has way more members, makes way more money and is way more advanced under the hood.

TAZ is only popular with forum admins and even then there's not many online at a time as compared to DP.

I don't even know what a skoda is though, gotta google it.

It wasn't per se the VS.... but the two BIG forums. I'd have to look (but all I see now is blah) but I don't think similar in size.... but I do agree it's nice to see more forums coming to XenForo.
"Two big examples" Nowhere do i see "two BIG forums".. but moving on :) I'm also glad to see they are moving to something new!

I thought adminextra was going to be separate? Did they change their minds again?

The footer of adminextra says:
About Us
Admin Extra occupies the same niche as its big sister, The Admin Zone - resources for forum owners and administrators. But AdEX looks and feels different - and we aim to keep it that way! To that end we're rolling with different software, a choice of customized styles, and a more laid back ambience.

There's no reason not to visit both but most people end up favoring one over the other. It's your choice![\quote]

OK what am I missing here? My bookmark for TAZ https://theadminzone.com/forums/ comes up 403 Forbidden and their main domain (without /forums) just says "blah".
I've just updated that to tell people about the migration.
I thought adminextra was going to be separate? Did they change their minds again?
Howard decided to merge both sites, for several reasons (duplicate content and so more effort can be put into the one site, without neglecting the other).

Thanks @Goodfella . Shame they couldn't have just said that instead of "blah"? [edit - thanks @Null :) ]

It's about time they've migrated and well overdue. The content, moderation and community there can be superb, it's the best admin community but was always let down IMHO by a clunky, outdated and ugly platform which most people left behind five years ago. A forum for forum admins should always be cutting edge or at least represent the current generation of software. Anyway, looking forward to seeing it back up and running.

Top Bottom