TAZ Migrating to XF

TAZ is a great community and it seems to be where most of the forum admins are. It's also great to see them move from vB to XF. Alas, either you love TAZ's moderation or you don't and I fall into the latter group. Of course I'm sure my post will be deleted/flagged/whatever as it's not glowing praise.

Im sure some of you are members of The Admin Zone. Its good to see them moving to XF this week! Its also important to take into consideration that many of the webmaster (forum manager) forums are migrating to XF. Two big examples are DP & TAZ! These guys know forums so they chose XF for a reason =D

How is TAZ a big example? It doesn't even have 1 million posts.. Less the 75k members (atleast 50k of which haven't been active in over 1 year).. DP on the other hand has 17 million posts and almost 750k members.. All I see this thread is trying to advertise a small to medium size site moving to xF with hype that your a big dog of the niche.

How is TAZ a big example? It doesn't even have 1 million posts.. Less the 75k members (atleast 50k of which haven't been active in over 1 year).. DP on the other hand has 17 million posts and almost 750k members.. All I see this thread is trying to advertise a small to medium size site moving to xF with hype that your a big dog of the niche.
TAZ is likely one of the first sites most of us came across when trying to find help with our sites when first starting off. I would never go to dp for most of things I use to go to taz for. But if you take a poll, I'm sure most of the forum owners here have been to and likely have an account at taz. His remarks have nothing to do with the sizes of the sites. On terms of reach and audience this is great. It means that when seeking advice on forum software at both sites these people will be exposed to xf from the start.

Sorry for poor grammar and possibly auto corrects. Posting from phone.

TAZ is likely one of the first sites most of us came across when trying to find help with our sites when first starting off. I would never go to dp for most of things I use to go to taz for. But if you take a poll, I'm sure most of the forum owners here have been to and likely have an account at taz. His remarks have nothing to do with the sizes of the sites. On terms of reach and audience this is great. It means that when seeking advice on forum software at both sites these people will be exposed to xf from the start.

Sorry for poor grammar and possibly auto corrects. Posting from phone.

Oh, I agree it is great seeing any site move to xF and never said TAZ was not resourceful. But saying "two big examples" and then using it and DP as said examples is misleading in the very least and considering I went today myself to see if TAZ had grown that much (which it hadn't) to make this thread nothing more then a marketing scheme to get others just as I did to visit to expect a massive growth just like I did by putting the two sites in the same comparison.

Oh, I agree it is great seeing any site move to xF and never said TAZ was not resourceful. But saying "two big examples" and then using it and DP as said examples is misleading in the very least and considering I went today myself to see if TAZ had grown that much (which it hadn't) to make this thread nothing more then a marketing scheme to get others just as I did to visit to expect a massive growth just like I did by putting the two sites in the same comparison.
Yeah, the two main forums I spend time at (WAY more time than even my own) are here and XenAdmins (since it is XenForo specific) with myBB following WAY behind that (because your posts over there take forever to get a response to usually so I muddle through and figure it out myself).

Its a big example because people on TAZ know their forums. They know forum software they know how forums are run and whats good for them/ whats not....
You my friend missed the point.. No where was i trying to promote the forum (I'm not getting paid to do this) what i did was compare the concepts of the forums.
Its like going to two very good mechanics (in this case two websites that know their forum software's), and someone asking you "hey who knows their cars" and you reply "two big examples or two good examples are mechanic A and B). Even though one might be doing more work than the other they are both very knowledgeable about their cars.
When i said "two big examples are" no where was i comparing SIZE! If you care to read my other posts on here i explain that i was not comparing size, i did not say TAZ VS DP...

"Its also important to take into consideration that many of the webmaster (forum manager) forums are migrating to XF. Two big examples are DP & TAZ! These guys know forums so they chose XF for a reason =D"

I was stating that the web masters of these forums know forum software and they are choosing software A instead of B.
When i said "two big examples are DP & TAZ" i was basically saying two examples of websites that know their software are choosing one over the other. Thats it..

But you keep believing that I'm getting paid to market a website that i have no affiliation with. Make me *rich* --**sarcasm** TAZ is a website that doesn't really need to be marketed it speaks for itself...

Last edited:
Im sure some of you are members of The Admin Zone. Its good to see them moving to XF this week! Its also important to take into consideration that many of the webmaster (forum manager) forums are migrating to XF. Two big examples are DP & TAZ! These guys know forums so they chose XF for a reason =D

They are not the only ones that switched. Namepros also recently switched.

You still don't get the point. For a *FORUM ADMIN* community, TAZ is quite large; potential audience vs reach. DP is an all around webmaster community which has a wider audience, thus greater reach, and is filled with tons of Indians trying to blackhat their way to wealth (jokes....or am I?). If you can point out another *forum admin* community that is as large as TAZ and is as widely as known as them in the forum admin community, I'd like to hear it (and please, none of the ones that have combined communities through the years...idk how many emails I've gotten from admin forums I've never signed up to bc the owners keep selling their dead community databases).

The 2 sites should not and can not be compared to one another. The point of this thread, from my understanding, is it's just nice to see both on xf. When I was looking for help with my community almost 10 years ago, I landed on both sites, which means a lot of people looking to start forums will likely do the same. With both sites running xf, that's better for KAM and the community. So instead of picking at the words used, we should be happy. Why do people have to be so negative on the internet?!?!?!? I'm just glad the exposure of xenforo is expanding. I've been quite surprised when visiting "random" sites and realizing they are using xf (last I can remember is loadout.com).

This is a great thing and for some people to get caught up on "2 big examples" shows me that some people on the internet just want to create arguments. Instead of fighting....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I love their postbit area and I am going to steal it.. *evil laugh*

Always wanted to show more information without cluttering the area. Good job by the pixelexit team.

"Why do people have to be so negative on the internet?!?!?!?"
I know, right!?

"I love their postbit area and I am going to steal it.. *evil laugh*"
It already was! LOL

speaking of stealing....
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Top Bottom