TAZ Migrating to XF

Yes, you said that :), @Renegade technically mentioned the entire postbit area however, just wanted to clarify the little box was taken from AdminEx(not copied but recoded).
lol there's not much else in the postbit other than the avatar. I'm pretty sure I never said it was copied either in my reply.. just that Sheldon designed it.

I love their postbit area and I am going to steal it.. *evil laugh*

Always wanted to show more information without cluttering the area. Good job by the pixelexit team.
Then don't go check out the one at XenAdmins. :p

One of these days when I quit playing with the server/OS/networking crud I'll spend a little time on that myself.

I am warming up to taz on XF a lot(still would've preferred a different software). Mostly for mobile viewing

(amusing enough, the comparison of DP's posts to TAZ posts.....I went to the site awhile back and it seems like 17 million posts and a crapload of spam/junk xD I don't trust the site to visit now to verify but a higher post count doesn't necessarily mean much xD)\

Still though, the most influential and active admin site moving to XF is a good thing for the fanbase and company(the other admin sites are not in the same league).

I am warming up to taz on XF a lot(still would've preferred a different software). Mostly for mobile viewing
(amusing enough, the comparison of DP's posts to TAZ posts.....I went to the site awhile back and it seems like 17 million posts and a crapload of spam/junk xD I don't trust the site to visit now to verify but a higher post count doesn't necessarily mean much xD)\

Still though, the most influential and active admin site moving to XF is a good thing for the fanbase and company(the other admin sites are not in the same league)
Question for you @Micah Impulse, do you actually go out of your way to try and and appear to be like this or does it come naturally? Almost every post I see from you is a jibe at/about somebody/something. Makes you appear a tad bit churlish honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for you @Micah Impulse, do you actually go out of your way to try and and appear to be like this or does it come naturally? Almost every post I see from you is a jibe at/about somebody/something. Makes you appear a tad bit churlish honestly.
Youthful ignorance, Tracy. We were all like that once.

I never was to that extreme - and yes, I infrequently got churlish, but not in almost every statement I made, and by 19 I had grown out of it. Guess it's more in the youth of today.

lol youthful ignorance because I don't share the same opinions as u? k then xD

Rooting for a big forum to switch to one of XF's competitors. Have you taken a moment to create a thread elucidating why you think XF is not yet worthy of switching to or just enjoying the view from the cheap seats?

Yeah I did share my opinions on taz about it :)

I never go out my way to do anything :) It comes naturally to me lol

So, not that I care personally, but I found it hilariously funny (and considering the ineptitude of the people behind the site not very surprising) when someone contacted me to tell me that I'd been banned at TAZ - considering it's been over a year since I last went near the site, I did wonder (briefly) what I'd managed to do to achieve banned status. Further investigation shows that my original TAZ account has been merged with noppid's account and banned, yet my Admin Extra account appears to be still be alive and well. One day, the people behind the site might actually learn how to use the software and get something right.. but I won't hold my breath.

https://theadminzone.com/threads/happy-birthday-azhrialilu.96017/
noppid.webp

I find it somewhat ironic that an admin forum is run by an admin who hasn't got the first clue on how to actually administrate a forum.

Did they just find a random account to merge all of your activity & content into or something?! :eek:
Possibly, must be pretty galling for one of your top posters to want nothing to do with the site and still be listed on the notable members page, after all lol... merging and banning is one way to remove me LOL

Did they just find a random account to merge all of your activity & content into or something?! :eek:
There was no merging of either of Lisa's accounts with any other - at least not in the usual sense. If you search on TAZ you will see that both the AdEx (azhria lilu - 6000+ posts) and TAZ (azhrialilu - 11,000+ posts) accounts are still there. However, during the conversion and merge somehow the "noppid" account which has been banned for ages suddenly overlapped the azhrialilu account and now has over 13,000 posts in it. This is some weird effect of the merge (perhaps @Slavik can explain it as he did the conversion and merge for us). At any rate, nobody banned, deleted, or merged any of these accounts manually - it's an artifact of the import and all 3 accounts (and perhaps there are more than 3 mixed into "noppid") are coexisting. I haven't done anything to try to fix this yet because I don't understand exactly what happened and I don't want to make it worse. But clearly there are far more posts between the 3 accounts than there ought to be.

As for the Notable Members page, we've been running the Notable Members add-on for a long time on AdEx, and carried it over to TAZ. So only active members show up there anyway.

(perhaps @Slavik can explain it as he did the conversion and merge for us).

Accounts with the same emails were automatically merged, ones with the same username but different email were renamed with an -AdEx suffix.

So the only way this could happen is either manually, or if the banned account had the same email as Lisa's account.

Accounts with the same emails were automatically merged, ones with the same username but different email were renamed with an -AdEx suffix.

So the only way this could happen is either manually, or if the banned account had the same email as Lisa's account.
But the accounts weren't merged - they both exist. They've "overlapped' somehow.

I'd be more inclined to give the benefit of the doubt (laughs) if it was my Admin Extra account had been the one to "accidently overlap" (is that even actually possible?).. but it's not, it was my TAZ account accidently being overlapped with noppid's TAZ account - different names, email addresses and IDs.

Not possible... unless my email address was manually changed.

And while we're talking about how Notable Users is only listing Active Members (bearing in mind I haven't logged in to either the AdX account or the TAZ account in over a year . . .

notable.webp

Just sayin'

Top Bottom