XF 1.3 TapaTalk Pemissions

• Thread starter Thread starter DirtRider
  • Start date Start date
D

DirtRider

I would just like to check before installing TapaTalk on my XF forum if you able to define what usergroups are allowed to use it on the forum. With my VB install I have it set so only my donating members are able to use it. Now I have heard that this is now not possible in the new version or on XF

As far as I can see there is no permissions in the current version. Your question might be better answered in the Tapatalk discussion thread here or at their website.

I would just like to check before installing TapaTalk on my XF forum if you able to define what usergroups are allowed to use it on the forum. With my VB install I have it set so only my donating members are able to use it. Now I have heard that this is now not possible in the new version or on XF
You mean "use" it as in reading, or "use" it as logging in? You can restrict via the options in Tapatalk to certain group numbers for log in, but AFAIK there is no restrictions on who can read via it. As @Chris Deeming pointed out, this is an add-on specific question that would be better addressed in the discussion group for it or at the Tapatalk site.
screenshot.webp

Sorry, stupid me expected such things to be in an actual usergroup permission instead of in a global option... :rolleyes:
I wish they could get it to work with the XF permissions, but not really sure how they cold reliably do that. Guess this was the next best thing. I leave it open for users to read and any can register - and now that they have "supposedly" fixed it so it directs the user to the XF registration page I'm a little happier. :p

You mean "use" it as in reading, or "use" it as logging in? You can restrict via the options in Tapatalk to certain group numbers for log in, but AFAIK there is no restrictions on who can read via it. As @Chris Deeming pointed out, this is an add-on specific question that would be better addressed in the discussion group for it or at the Tapatalk site.
View attachment 67713

Thanks this is what I was wanting to know as it is the same in my VB install, so this will work as I was expecting it to when I convert over to XF

Top Bottom