Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

guess I'll have to wait until I get another email. I logged into my account online and it tells me to go to my phone to manage my account, but there's nothing in my account on my phone about email opt out. What a cluster. I log in on the site under "app users" and it say to go to my phone, and then shows me a "log out" button. Like they can't integrate site & mobile settings on an end-user account? Guess not.

Briefly looked at the code (which is not fun, it's a mess). So apparantly, even if you disable smart banner and the screen, Tapatalk happily injects its JS tracking code.

Anyhow, you should be able to fix the issue by removing the following content from mobiquo/mobiquo.php:
PHP:
if (isset($_GET['welcome']))
{
    include('./smartbanner/app.php');
    exit;
}
Also, remove the following line from mobiquo/smartbanner/head.inc.php:
PHP:
$app_head_include .= $app_banner_head;

Haven't tested it, but you could give it a try.

@cmeinck : You can also do this, it seems, by going into development mode in the ACP ($config['debug'] = 1; in config.php), then click Code Event Listeners, find the Tapatalk section, and disable "template_hook". And make sure to do this after every update, or modify the addon .xml file before you import it to disable the template_hook.

@karll not very familiar with the dev mode but I found this, exactly what would disabling this hook do? Would it prevent the "open in app" pop up on mobile?

Yes

Each time you update, it re-enables this so you have to go back in and delete the listener.
Yes, or instead of disabling the listener in ACP dev mode after the update, you can hack the addon .xml file before updating and change a 1 to 0 where it mentions the template_hook. That might be more convenient for some of us.

We're switching our big board from vbulletin to xenforo, and members are starting to ask whether we'll continue to support Tapatalk. We have over 1200 Tapatalk users.

It looks like there were some security issues in the past, but I can't tell if the risk is ongoing. We have some private forums that we don't want to be accessible by everyone, and we also want to keep member data safe. Is it currently safe to use Tapatalk? Is it a better/worse experience than using it with vbulletin?

I've read about the registration/spam issue, however we wouldn't allow registration through Tapatalk, so it wouldn't matter. I was looking into Pushover, but it's too expensive. I've looked for other alternatives, but there aren't any.

Why I recive mail from trending@tapatalk.com? Forum with this addon sends information about users to owners Tapatalk.com, who use it to spam users.
For owners forums: stop use this addon on your sites! Otherwise, you give your entire users data to addon's owner, who can use it at their own discretion.
that why i never install this plugin on my board, also lots of security issue with this add on.

Images that are embedded from media gallery only show the BB code when those pages are opened using tapatalk. Images display fine on xenforo using a web browser.

I'm sure it does, at the basic level. I doubt it supports any of the newly added features (tagging, etc), but users will certainly be able to browse and post.

I have been getting this error message any suggestions:

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to a member function serialize() on boolean -mobiquo/lib/xmlrpc.inc:2966
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 12:59 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(43) "http://c-sea.org/forums/mobiquo/mobiquo.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["code"] => string(32) "fd1e8907b73f1c7dc5cc3c34bde71a84"
["start"] => string(4) "1685"
["limit"] => string(4) "3000"
["format"] => string(9) "serialize"
["method_name"] => string(9) "sync_user"
}
}

I imported from myBB which had tapatalk and when I switched to Xenforo, I did not even bother to install it to XF and never looked back.

Top Bottom