Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

Ok, it's just that the last dozen or so posts on this thread have been complaining about security vulnerabilities. I provide the vBulletin Apps for free to my users, I wouldn't want to recommend to them that they all buy Tapatalk, just for me to pull it a week later if there are still unresolved security issues - so I thought I'd get some advice on here first from other users.

About a WordPress vulnerability in tapatalk.com, not tapatalk.

Tapatalk is now free only last I checked. The pro version got discontinued.

For all you fellow forum admins that tolerate Tapatalk, just had 3 spam accounts created through Tapatalk which is odd as I don't allow in app registration.

Just checked my settings, and apparently I do. Guessing the switch flicked when I last updated the app... Another glitch to watch out for!
upload_2015-1-30_13-15-30.webp

Just checked my settings, and apparently I do. Guessing the switch flicked when I last updated the app... Another glitch to watch out for!
I don't permit in-app registration either and just went to look at the setting after seeing your message:
upload_2015-1-30_16-14-5.webp

Somehow, it's in a state where neither of the radio buttons was selected!

Save it from that screen and it switches to In-App registration enabled....

After removing the permission for groups who can access tapatalk on xf I can say: Bye bye forever tapatalk.

Removed from 4 forums, one with more than 10.000 users

Reactions: ehd
This app has been updated twice in the last few days and no notification here. It's now on 2.3.7 apparently.

Also I had the same issue as described above.

They updated the app as well and it still sucks. It just sucks that there is no other truly viable alternative right now.

They had a cluster f a month or so ago. Reset your password.

Also remember that you can end up with 3 different usernames & passwords: one for forum owner/admin area, another if you are on their (horribly configured) xenforo "support" forum, another if you have the mobile app. The are not all linked, which is to be expected, just FYI is all.

They had a cluster f a month or so ago. Reset your password.

Also remember that you can end up with 3 different usernames & passwords: one for forum owner/admin area, another if you are on their (horribly configured) xenforo "support" forum, another if you have the mobile app. The are not all linked, which is to be expected, just FYI is all.

When tried log in, getting the blank page error.

Top Bottom