Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

Now that you mention it, I've checked my content again and it looks like they installed 302 redirections for their stolen content, instead of 301 or simply removing the links and content to 404. This means Google has retained the entries and links to Tapatalk for our content and are merely telling any browser going to their links to redirect to our actual content rather than removing it as we requested.

So what do we have todo to get rid of own forum tapatalk google results? Just deactivate SEO option on forum owner area? Or contact tapatalk support?

It's nice to see how responsive the TapaTalk support team have been on their forum...........
tumbleweed_licnsed_2.jpg

Tapatalk is currently broken because of daylight saving switch: https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/incorrect-datetime-value.35654/

Log reads:
Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect datetime value: '2017-03-26 02:18:35' for column 'updated' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Anyone know of a fix?
Amazing to see people still use TapaTalk given how poor they communicate things / implement their own ads / implement chat rooms outside admins control etc etc. Terrible service. AVOID.

Top Tip / Best Fix:
Remove it.

I definitely regret installing Tapatalk, unfortunately I'll probably lose half of my member base if I delete it as it's really popular with members. :(

I definitely regret installing Tapatalk, unfortunately I'll probably lose half of my member base if I delete it as it's really popular with members. :(
We gave members about 90 days to understand what was happening and why. Of course, some *****ed moaned and complained and verbally said that they'd never come back if there was no Tapatalk. Guess what... they are still posting today, nearly two years after we dumped Tapatalk and just use the browser responsive design + a push alert integration. Tapatalk was a real problem -- it certainly didn't help us expand. (We're not a super-sized site, but we do see anywhere from 35-60 new members per day.)

... he doesn't accept forums from South Africa.
To clarify, that is false. @Dan Hawkins linked to the paid app which does not have country restrictions. You inquired about the free app a few days ago, not the paid one, and we only accept free mobile apps from the 5 listed countries (SA is not one of those 5).

That group of five has nothing to do with the paid app.

Last edited:
We were about to demo TurnKey but 3 issues came up for me, one being the demo process failed and I can't download the add-on as the link is broken; the second is that the contact link on the TurnKey site is broken as well. Third, they have raised their price to $500 a year, which is a bit too much.

I read a few pages back and it sounds like Tapatalk is also not a good option. Is this still the case?

Does anyone know of any other options for a decent mobile app for xenforo?

I read a few pages back and it sounds like Tapatalk is also not a good option. Is this still the case?
Very much so. This thread is full of complaints about the app, and their business practices.

Does anyone know of any other options for a decent mobile app for xenforo?
The responsive view is fine. No app needed. The oldest forum I converted in 2012 uses the responsive view, and we only rarely have someone ask for an app (out of tens of thousands of users, and several hundred thousand posts per year). I've found the following to be true as well (we used to have tapatalk and ForumRunner when we still used vBulletin):

We gave members about 90 days to understand what was happening and why. Of course, some *****ed moaned and complained and verbally said that they'd never come back if there was no Tapatalk. Guess what... they are still posting today, nearly two years after we dumped Tapatalk and just use the browser responsive design + a push alert integration.

The only thing we don't use is push alerts (through Pushover), since they are too expensive. (We can have several hundred members online during peak hours, and the volume of notifications is more than we could afford.) If there were a reliable, cross-platform way to push notifications from our own server out to the devices, that would be all we would ever need.

Keep in mind that the responsive view will preserve all of the add-ons you install, and you can also control how and where advertising appears. Once you hand that off to an app, especially a dishonest third-party like tapatalk, you lose that control.

Hello,

on my forum a used tapatalk and same plugins.

forum: https://www.19jamka.cz

in posts is link: https://www.19jamka.cz/clanky/5-zajimavych-golfovych-tipu-na-webu.30/

1) on pc/mobile when i click on the link, i go to: https://www.19jamka.cz/clanky/5-zajimavych-golfovych-tipu-na-webu.30/ (correct)
2) by tapatalk when i click on the link , i go to: https://www.19jamka.cz/threads/simulator-versus-hriste.5/ (bad)

The link is the same, a dont know, where is problem. But the same problem i have in with links to media gallery etc. Pls, help me.

Top Bottom