Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

I disabled in app registration from Tapatalk because I don't trust them THAT much. They say that they vet all their users but I'll leave that up to MY forum software to decide that.

I disabled in app registration from Tapatalk because I don't trust them THAT much. They say that they vet all their users but I'll leave that up to MY forum software to decide that.

That is fine, but are you redirected or given an option to sign-up via Tapatalk? This is missing on our end with the latest update :(

That is what I thought. I do not use Tapatalk but tried helping the other person and we both noticed the issue :(

So a bunch of my users just got emails about people liking their posts. Some say they don't even use tapatalk. wtf

edit: And so we're clear, the email came from tapatalk

Ah, that sucks.

I am using in-app registration though which works for me, I'll try the redirect later and let you know.

OK, still broken in 2.4.2 - cannot sign-up now via in-app or redirection (which does not occur). You can login though so yes, still broken :P

I also just got a random thread notification email from tapatalk. Haven't had tapatalk installed on my device for months.

I also just got a random thread notification email from tapatalk. Haven't had tapatalk installed on my device for months.
Yeah, see my post above. I couldn't find anything here or on the Tapatalk forums about this.

Oh well, I've been working on my responsive end of things this weekend - now this gives me a reason to remove it since I've had no users register with Tapatalk in a month and only a few use it to check the forum ;)

https://support.tapatalk.com/thread...ords-tapatalk-still-keeps-me-logged-in.30750/

As the title says. I changed all my forum passwords via PC, but Tapatalk continues to let me view and post as if that never happened. I am not automatically logged out. It's like Tapatalk doesn't check my password.

This even occurred after I updated the app on my phone.

So I tried this on one of my sites:

I logged out on TT. Then logged back in. It did not ask me for a new password.

I went to the site on my PC and logged out, then logged back in.

I went to TT and logged out, and at that point, it then asked for my password.

If you ask me, that's a problem.

Yes this sequence of events experienced by me makes it seem like Tapatalk uses a back door to access the forums.

If I change my password on my PC for this site and then try to access it on my phone where I was logged in via browser using the old password, I am automatically logged out.

Well, it took them 12 days to respond... you now have no choice but to enable in app registration. Err, not happening on my site after the spate of SPAM we had with it enabled.

We have recently removed the redirection to web site as Apple rejected redirection to Mobile Web as poor experience, as such werecommend you to turn on in-app registration feature. Also, please update the xF plugin with improved Sign Up experience.

So Tapatalk is enabled but no one can register through it, and I don't see that as a problem from my point of view.

They just keep screwing themselves over making it worse and not listening to feedback properly it seems. It should be our choice how we want to allow registrations and not just because 'Apple' rejected something. I've always had it as in-app registration anyway but that and the password issue is just really something they do not seem to care about.

The fact they even use XF themselves and do not address the issues when they have complete access to test it just makes me laugh too.

Top Bottom