Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

I just want to thank you to everyone here who participated the beta testing, though it took a while - it turns out great and happy to see it works well on xF, which our support forum also use the same system ;)

I can confirm that all issues I've had have now disappeared except I still do not appear to be getting push notifications... I'm going to investigate this on another phone so will update you if I discover the cause in case it helps anyone else.

Tapatalk, can you please let me *some idea* of when blackberry app will receive another update so I can let my members know? We have loads of blackberry users.

Thanks

Isn't it a shame that this is all money orientated now. Users downloading the free one can only read posts. Can't you restrict pm's, uploading images etc but allow people to read and post on the forums otherwise it makes it kinda useless and people on my site (the younger ones) will just visit our site via built in internet.

Not really. Do you expect the devs to work for free?
No but producing an app that really isn't helpful but to read (which is what people can do in safari) really isn't revolutionary. And I did mention other things they could do to make it beneficial to those who purchase it such as picture uploads, pm's, etc and allow people to read and write on the board.

At this point in time there really is no real benefit of having this and directing members to use it.

No but producing an app that really isn't helpful but to read (which is what people can do in safari) really isn't revolutionary. And I did mention other things they could do to make it beneficial to those who purchase it such as picture uploads, pm's, etc and allow people to read and write on the board.

At this point in time there really is no real benefit of having this and directing members to use it.

Fairly shortsighted of you.

A lot of people don't have laptops or desktops anymore. A lot of people are sole iphone, ipad, android users. no traditional computer.

Reading/moderating from a mobile is a lot easier from an app than trying to navigate tiny buttons in a mobile browser.

Iphone apps can cost 75-100k to develop. Often times with no promise of a return on the investment.

So what your telling me is you would happily hand over your money to me if I developed something that you could already do on the iphones etc anyway?

So if I came up with a "revolutionary" way for you to take a picture with your phone, although your phone etc already does it you will still give me your money?

Not really short sighted when I said all they have done is make it possible for people to do what they already can do. I don't know about you but my iphone and ipad both come with Safari for me to view the internet on so don't know where your ramble about regular computers comes in.

All I said was they could still make their money by charging for the admin side of things, they can still make money by needing the paid app to upload photos, get private messages, alerts etc etc I see it from a functionality stand point which is what is the point in getting your members to go download the tapatalk app if all they can do is read. The app they have now is fantastic, but as previously mentioned it should at least have the ability to sign in and read/write.

That way we would get more users on the sites and more content, and on top of that more people would actually be downloading the app as it is actually functional and proves a benefit to them.

So what your telling me is you would happily hand over your money to me if I developed something that you could already do on the iphones etc anyway?

So if I came up with a "revolutionary" way for you to take a picture with your phone, although your phone etc already does it you will still give me your money?

Not really short sighted when I said all they have done is make it pos...

You could already send email and chat from a command prompt and then they came out with this thing called an operating system....

It's clear you don't appreciate the value of UI and UX design.

Pointless.

Theres a reason they make native apps and sites don't just ask people to use their regular websites. Theres a reason iphones run iOS and not OSX. UX.

Your correct talking to you is pointless.

Just because you have an opinion in your head doesn't make it the right one. Just like just as I have an opinion in my head it doesn't make it right. But that is why we have the freedom to express them.

I was saying the free app to this is pointless, WARNING other people who read this that they aren't going to be able to install it and then everyone gets to go on their merry way I was WARNING others that once installed they then need to rely on their members having even more money to dish out on apps just to simply REPLY to threads.

I got nothing against mod/app developers making money either, it's clear to see that you are just trolling this thread as that is something I have said about 20 000000000 times so far and numerous trolls just ignore that just to have their arguements.

Justin,
I have nothing against you. I just think this is clearly a situation of having to agree to disagree. My main point was that I have nothing against them making money, or any app designer for that matter - however they could have restricted a lot of the other features for the paid version and allowed people to read and write at the moment it is just reading threads which many people with smart phones could do using Safari.

If they put in the free version the ability to read and write I am sure more people would use it, and if the paid version was the administration/moderation, ability to read PM's, upload pictures etc etc it would still be beneficial and popular.

I do apologize if I offended anyone was just putting in my 2cents worth, I have this installed on my site but am kinda embarrassed to advertise and promote it knowing that people will have to pay for it to really use it.

Justin,
I have nothing against you. I just think this is clearly a situation of having to agree to disagree. My main point was that I have nothing against them making money, or any app designer for that matter - however they could have restricted a lot of the other features for the paid version and allowed people to read and write at the moment it is just reading threads which many people with smart phones could do using Safari.

If they put in the free version the ability to read and write I am sure more people would use it, and if the paid version was the administration/moderation, ability to read PM's, upload pictures etc etc it would still be beneficial and popular.

I do apologize if I offended anyone was just putting in my 2cents worth, I have this installed on my site but am kinda embarrassed to advertise and promote it knowing that people will have to pay for it to really use it.
Tapatalk is most useful when they are on multiple forums at once. Also, until there is a mobile style (Which is my preference) Tapatalk does better than a browser.

The practice of releasing a lite, or free product to increase adoption of the paid product is common in pretty much every market. If the free version included the ability to reply to posts, more than likely many people wouldn't buy the paid version. At least with the free version you're able to get a feel of the program before buying the paid one.

Top Bottom