Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

Using 1.2.1 and the latest Tapatalk.

Seen 2-3 of this error in the past 2 weeks or so. Any idea how to fix this?

Fatal Error: Cannot use object of type XenForo_Phrase as array - library/Tapatalk/ControllerPublic/Tapatalk.php:24

Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
["url"] => string(41) "http://akvakertesz.hu/mobiquo/mobiquo.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I'm really not happy with Tapatalk at the moment, I've just found out that they are adding meta tags for the Tapatalk app to show up as a Twitter Card.

Meaning that everytime someone posts a link to your site on Twitter, its promoting the Tapatalk App.

Reactions: rdn
I'm really not happy with Tapatalk at the moment, I've just found out that they are adding meta tags for the Tapatalk app to show up as a Twitter Card.

Meaning that everytime someone posts a link to your site on Twitter, its promoting the Tapatalk App.
If that gets you fired up, wait until you see what they just started doing without asking first.

Notice that "topic" 2nd from the top? Looks like they're running ads in with our threads now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378781541.209960.webp

Promoted Topics - a few mentions of it in the TT forums, but you should be able to find the option in your forum owners area if you are included in the program.

ISTR they were rolling people into the program on a limited basis for testing.

I got an email about a month ago about the monetization tests:

Monetization for Forum Owners – Tapatalk to begin testing ad formats

Dear Forum Owners,

We are excited to announce that Tapatalk is going to begin testing a free version of Tapatalk and in-app ads as a way to help you make money from mobile traffic.

Moving from a paid app to a free app

We recently started to offer the Tapatalk app for free for iOS devices. Since we began to test the free version, we are very happy to report a significant increase in downloads.

Testing ad formats

In the next few days, we will begin to test ad formats on Tapatalk. The ad formats will be integrated within topics, and there will be three formats; banner ads, app installs, and “Promoted Topics” (similar to Facebook’s Promoted Stories).

During this initial phase, we will be testing technical integrations. The frequency of ads will be very low, and many of your users may never see an ad.

You can view screen shots of the ad formats here

After the test

We expect the test phase to run 30-90 days. At the end of test, we will have a good understanding of the performance of the various ad formats. We will also determine the revenue model, and we will retroactively share the ad revenue from the test period with you.

We are excited about helping you earn money from users accessing your forum through Tapatalk. Over the next few weeks, we will provide you updates on the test and will monitor and respond to feedback on the Tapatalk Engagement and Monetization support forum.

If you prefer that your Forum not participate in the pilot, please email me at eric@tapatalk.com

Eric Sternbach
Head of Community Monetization Tapatalk

I emailed, asking for our forum to be excluded and got a reply confirming the exclusion.
As far as I know we've not had any ads appear in the app when used by our users.

I've just checked all my sites and they've been rolled-in without me noticing (they weren't when I checked a couple of weeks ago!).

I've just gone through and disabled them - not something I want appearing on my forums.

They included my VB forum (for which I had paid for a white label app) in their paid app eco system despite my express wishes forbidding this.

it was blamed on a staff error - and they eventually removed it (for anyone updating the TT app) - but there is a small army of TT users out there that HAVENT upgraded, that access my forum bypassing ALL my ads and monetization initiatives. It makes my blood boil.

They have to be concerned about the eventual mobile theme and other solutions doing away with as much need for their app - although I suppose that less affluent countries (smaller res screens, slower CPU's) will have a market for many years...

Top forum owners simply cannot afford to ignore ad income and let someone else have it.

Hopefully, they will come up with a fair revenue sharing plan.

get this error message in the admin

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method Tapatalk_Bridge::getForumWatchModel() - mobiquo/include/get_forum.php:87
Erstellt von: Unbekanntes Benutzerkonto, Vor 2 Minuten
Stapelverfolgung

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Benötigter Status

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(43) "http://www.opelteams.de/mobiquo/mobiquo.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

My users are complaining about how slow the taptalk app is using it on our forum after having iOS7 installed. Looking more and more likely we will ditch @tapatalk option if they cant get their **** together.

My users are complaining about how slow the taptalk app is using it on our forum after having iOS7 installed. Looking more and more likely we will ditch @tapatalk option if they cant get their **** together.

Just out of interest, has the Tapatalk app been updated for iOS 7?

Does anyone know whether it's possible for me to manually edit this out of the templates as I've not got a response on the tapatalk forum.

Hello

Running Xenforo 1.1.3, i get this error when displaying posts :
seems to be a conflict with addon bdTagMe.

Error occurs with Tapatalk 1.8.1 also but not with 1.7.0
New version does not support 1.1.3 anymore?

Declaration of bdTagMe_XenForo_Model_Post::alertQuotedMembers() should be compatible with that of Tapatalk_Model_Post::alertQuotedMembers()

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  2. XenForo_Autoloader::autoload() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  3. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 858
  4. XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 397
  5. XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/Model.php at line 189
  6. XenForo_Model::create() in XenForo/AttachmentHandler/Post.php at line 144
  7. XenForo_AttachmentHandler_Post->_getPostModel() in XenForo/AttachmentHandler/Post.php at line 97
  8. XenForo_AttachmentHandler_Post->_canViewAttachment() in XenForo/AttachmentHandler/Abstract.php at line 161
  9. XenForo_AttachmentHandler_Abstract->canViewAttachment() in XenForo/Model/Attachment.php at line 650
  10. XenForo_Model_Attachment->canViewAttachment() in EWRporta/Model/Attachment.php at line 9
  11. EWRporta_Model_Attachment->canViewAttachment() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Attachment.php at line 24
  12. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Attachment->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  13. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  14. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/forumasus/html/www/index.php at line 13

Last edited:
TapaTalk has become a complete PoS!! The errors and lack of support are one thing but seeing this has confirmed it for me.
I will be uninstalling TapaTalk from my forum very soon...

Top Bottom