Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

I have it working fine on 1.2 with the changes made as suggested on the tapatalk forum.
Thanks. I saw that and wasn't sure what type of temp fix it was... looked like it was removing the ability to post.
Are you able to post with those changes suggested by Tapatalk for 1.2?
Yes, confirming this. I disabled Tapatalk addon before upgrading to 1.2.0 Gold. Made the temporary fix changes and re-enabled and tapatalk seems to be working (including being able to post).

Don't update to 1.8 if you want your users to still be able to browse your site!

View attachment 53448

Another "sterling" update from the team at TapaTalk o_O
It's working just fine on my site.

Are you on 1.2 or still on 1.1.5? Also what version of Tapatalk are you using and on which device?

I'm still on 1.1.5 (upgrading to 1.2 at the weekend) and it's working with both Tapatalk 2 and Tapatalk HD for Android.

It's working just fine on my site.

Are you on 1.2 or still on 1.1.5? Also what version of Tapatalk are you using and on which device?

I'm still on 1.1.5 (upgrading to 1.2 at the weekend) and it's working with both Tapatalk 2 and Tapatalk HD for Android.
XF1.2. It was working fine with the manual fix applied, and the update tonight stops the forum / categories from loading. Everything else works, and I'm not the only person it's happening to.

XF1.2. It was working fine with the manual fix applied, and the update tonight stops the forum / categories from loading. Everything else works, and I'm not the only person it's happening to.
Thanks for the heads-up.

In many ways this is disappointing that they've broken it again (but not a surprise, it's not the first time). In other ways I'm sort of hoping it is broken (and I know this is wrong of me) but I would like the Tapatalk users to try out the responsive design for a bit until it's fixed so they can see how much they are missing when using Tapatalk with its limited capabilities - I mean, no support for font size or colour, never mind the range of features that Xenforo has to offer!

Same here, I'd rather totally remove it, but there are a core of members we have who use it all the time.

Same here, I'd rather totally remove it, but there are a core of members we have who use it all the time.
Same with mine and that's the annoying thing. I use Tapatalk on the move for quick access but I know its limitations and whenever I can, I use the full website. I have some who pretty much only ever use Tapatalk even when at home. There's no real reason to use it on a tablet either, the screen is plenty big enough and the full site works quickly and very well.

So my strategy is to make good use of features like Xen Media Gallery, forum notices and other things that will only appear on the full site in the hope that they'll realise what they are missing, visit the full site and then use Tapatalk for what it is supposed to be - a quick access to forum posts rather than a full forum replacement that they think it is.

Tapatalk 1.8 can be fixed by the below (from the Tapatalk support forum post by Euhow)

Please open mobiquo/include/get_forum.php, find code like this:
Code:
if($nodeType != 'category'

, replace it with

Code:
if($nodeType == 'forum'

and try again.

Sorry for making this problem, we will merge the fix in a later comming fix version, but we prefer to fix more problems in the fix version if they ex

Last edited:
Fantastic, good work on helping them figure the issue out.

Still surprised something as big as this got through and was rolled out though.

Fantastic, good work on helping them figure the issue out.

Still surprised something as big as this got through and was rolled out though.
I don't know if they really have a 1.2 test site put up for it... and I don't have enough users on any of my 3 forums to be able to give them enough feedback. I just happened to be reading in the right place at the right time to catch him online and had some spare time while I was snacking on my fried squash and sweet potato french fries. :p
Also, as you saw - it did not effect ALL forums... there were certain conditions that had to be present for it to not work. I had 2 of 3 work and you were at 1 of 2. :coffee:

Last edited:
I just upgraded to 1.8 and got this error...

Declaration of bdTagMe_XenForo_Model_Post::alertQuotedMembers() should be compatible with that of Tapatalk_Model_Post::alertQuotedMembers()

It's preventing users reading threads. So I've disabled Tapatalk. How do I fix this? I assume it's some sort of clash with bd Tag Me

The Biggest shortcoming of Tapatalk is that it neutralizes all the great BB Code applied. (n)

On Tapatalk none of BB Code like Hide Hack, Spolier or any other Custom Code works. I wish i never had to install Tapatalk again and members make a habbit of browing it on Mobile Browsers.

The Biggest shortcoming of Tapatalk is that it neutralizes all the great BB Code applied. (n)

On Tapatalk none of BB Code like Hide Hack, Spolier or any other Custom Code works. I wish i never had to install Tapatalk again and members make a habbit of browing it on Mobile Browsers.

When I switch to XF 1.2 I might just say goodbye to tapatalk as responsive works just as well if not better

Reactions: DFI
Top Bottom