Other Tapatalk bypass closed registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onlyme

I noticed today that tapatalk allows users to register when the forum is set to invite only and in app registration is disabled :(

I've made a support thread at their forum but I was just wondering if anyone here has had this issue and can help me resolve it.

I caught this when one of their guys hopped on to a site I admin to troubleshoot. They registered and it didn't trigger andyb's registration Email addon to fire. When I asked, he dodged the question

Same here, I have in-app registration disabled. I assumed that this meant the user had to go to the forum on browser to register. But apparently they do not. I have not had time to test it with a dummy account yet.

All I have to say is....****ers

I caught this when one of their guys hopped on to a site I admin to troubleshoot. They registered and it didn't trigger andyb's registration Email addon to fire. When I asked, he dodged the question

Same here, I have in-app registration disabled. I assumed that this meant the user had to go to the forum on browser to register. But apparently they do not. I have not had time to test it with a dummy account yet.

All I have to say is....****ers
I've checked a few forums that are closed and you are able to register. Tapatalk is now disabled on my site and I'm really not happy with this as I have no idea how long it been going on for.

Still no reply from them they are a disgrace!

I just was able to verify that apparently with a certain combination of addons, in-app registration blocking is bypassed.

This is a different issue than the OP mentioned - he is using an addon for inviting users. I am not. I just have in-app registration disabled, yet it still allows registration to occur via the app.

On a second forum, it worked as expected. There are less addons on that forum.

I can't, off the top of my head, see which addon is causing the in-app registration disabling to be bypassed.

Discussion related to add-ons should take place on the dedicated resource thread or support site.

As the description for this forum states, it is for:
Non-release-related resource and add-on discussions. Covers things such as general suggestion/feedback gathering, sneak peaks and early previews, and general discussion about the state of the resource/add-on community. Please do not post support requests in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom