• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Other Tapatalk bypass closed registration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed today that tapatalk allows users to register when the forum is set to invite only and in app registration is disabled :(

I've made a support thread at their forum but I was just wondering if anyone here has had this issue and can help me resolve it.

Floyd R Turbo

I caught this when one of their guys hopped on to a site I admin to troubleshoot. They registered and it didn't trigger andyb's registration Email addon to fire. When I asked, he dodged the question

Same here, I have in-app registration disabled. I assumed that this meant the user had to go to the forum on browser to register. But apparently they do not. I have not had time to test it with a dummy account yet.

All I have to say is....****ers

I caught this when one of their guys hopped on to a site I admin to troubleshoot. They registered and it didn't trigger andyb's registration Email addon to fire. When I asked, he dodged the question

Same here, I have in-app registration disabled. I assumed that this meant the user had to go to the forum on browser to register. But apparently they do not. I have not had time to test it with a dummy account yet.

All I have to say is....****ers
I've checked a few forums that are closed and you are able to register. Tapatalk is now disabled on my site and I'm really not happy with this as I have no idea how long it been going on for.

Still no reply from them they are a disgrace!

Floyd R Turbo

I just was able to verify that apparently with a certain combination of addons, in-app registration blocking is bypassed.

This is a different issue than the OP mentioned - he is using an addon for inviting users. I am not. I just have in-app registration disabled, yet it still allows registration to occur via the app.

On a second forum, it worked as expected. There are less addons on that forum.

I can't, off the top of my head, see which addon is causing the in-app registration disabling to be bypassed.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Discussion related to add-ons should take place on the dedicated resource thread or support site.

As the description for this forum states, it is for:
Non-release-related resource and add-on discussions. Covers things such as general suggestion/feedback gathering, sneak peaks and early previews, and general discussion about the state of the resource/add-on community. Please do not post support requests in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.