TalesOf.Us

Edrondol

Yes, the name is pretty much ripped off from AWalkerBit.Me. I loved the idea of using the top level domain in the name of the site.

Please note that this site is not quite open yet. I have a couple of people who have signed up from my other site, but nobody is really posting anything because it's been under construction. I just want a few pointers and critiques.

The site's mission: To create a safe environment for posters to talk about their families and lives without fear of being trolled or ridiculed.

The site's demographics: Families, wives. Probably more female friendly. Please note it's also sexual orientation neutral. If someone is bothered by same-sex marriages that's fine, but if/when we have same-sex users they will not have to justify their lifestyle.

http://www.talesof.us/index.php

Tell me what you think. (I'm 50/50 about the ads, so if that's your beef I'm right there with ya.)

Oh, and the Resource Manager has been renamed Recipes. People can put in recipes (I'm still building the categories) and it will create a thread In The Kitchen.

Really liking the domain and the style looks excellent. At a glance, I think the navigation could use a little work and made more prominent (be a little adventurous) in doing a custom design and ridding the colour imo. Other than that, nice style. :)

Cool site :)

By the way, I just clicked on the Bourbon Chicken recipe thread and when I clicked on "Read more about this recipe", it just takes me to the forum home.

Cool site :)

By the way, I just clicked on the Bourbon Chicken recipe thread and when I clicked on "Read more about this recipe", it just takes me to the forum home.

Hmm. Thanks. I'll look at that. I kinda threw that in there cutting & pasting from (I think) recipes.com.

Top Bottom