Take this lollipop!

This is why I set-up Facebook for the forum to send threads into, but I would never use it on a more personal level other than that. It's a bit of a CON really, they have all privacy permissions to go though on your account (a total minefield design to be just that) a minefield of confusion. Then when all is said and done, they can still be over-ridden like the thread starter indicates, one wrong accept click and your giving away things you might not even be aware your doing.

Has anyone noticed how they have moved the CLOSE ACCOUNT link to another location now, one that takes you hours to find and is no longer that simple to locate anymore. I closed an old account last week, it took me hours to find it, they are very crafty and shady how they go about things.

This is why I set-up Facebook for the forum to send threads into, but I would never use it on a more personal level other than that. It's a bit of a CON really, they have all privacy permissions to go though on your account (a total minefield design to be just that) a minefield of confusion. Then when all is said and done, they can still be over-ridden like the thread starter indicates, one wrong accept click and your giving away things you might not even be aware your doing.

Has anyone noticed how they have moved the CLOSE ACCOUNT link to another location now, one that takes you hours to find and is no longer that simple to locate anymore. I closed an old account last week, it took me hours to find it, they are very crafty and shady how they go about things.

I really feel that Facebook feels that all the information entered is theirs, and that they own all the data, status updates, pictures and whatever gets typed on their site, forever. The recent stances about not being able to easily delete tags (they made a lot harder to untag you from photos) and the hoops to close the account confirm that.

Well it's been highlighted that this year things do seem to be on a down-trend for Facebook. While they have all these billions of users, just how many of them are real users of the service. I'm not for starters, my account is used only for sending topics into Facebook and have no interest in the site other than that. How many more users are the same way running sites owning an FB account e.t.c?

My account is useless to Facebook because they ain't getting any personal information from me listed with them, not my habits or what ever else they can make use off. What Facebook will be looking at is how many "REAL USERS" are closing their accounts down, forget the billion mark figures because I bet 50% + are just RSS Feed accounts. That's gives a false indication of what's really going on there.

For me the new Facebook measures introduced to make it harder now to close your account, I hear you must wait 24 hours after first opening one before you can close it (being able to see the link). Along with other things like you said above - makes me think they are getting concerned trying to make things harder to retain what content is already posted there. Isn't that how they make their money, by sharing it with other 3rd parties?

Has the Facebook bubble burst maybe now?

Top Bottom