Resource icon

Taigasound 0.1

No permission to download

tssge

tssge submitted a new resource:

Taigasound - taigachat sound

Adds sounds to Taigachat and a toggle for users to turn the sound on/off.

How to install:
  1. Upload folders inside the "upload" folder to your Xenforo installation
  2. Install the addon
  3. 3. Create new Custom User Field with the Field ID set to "shoutbox_settings". Make sure Field Type is set to "Checkboxes" and add a choice named "sound". You can edit other settings as your prefer.
  4. Try going to your users settings and toggling the Custom User Field on and off.

Read more about this resource...

do we have to follow these rules or yours?

3. Step: Copy and Rename taigachat.js

COPY THE FILE: taigachat.js
(It's inside yourdomain/js/dark/taigachat.js)
AND RENAME IT TO: taigachatSound.js

4. Step: Edit taigachatSound.js

OPEN YOUR NEW FILE: taigachatSound.js

SEARCH FOR:
Code:
var taigachat_hidden, taigachat_visibilityChange;

ADD AFTER:
Code:
var snd = new Audio("tcp_sound.ogg");
var snd2 = new Audio("tcp_sound.mp3");

SEARCH FOR:
Code:
taigachat_lastMessage = new Date().getTime();

ADD AFTER:
Code:
snd.play();

snd2.play();

SAVE FILE5. Step: Edit the templates dark_taigachat_chatbox and dark_taigachat_popup

NAVIGATE TO:
ACP > Appearance > Template > dark_taigachat_chatbox

SEARCH FOR:
Code:
<xen:require js="js/dark/taigachat.js?{xen:raw $taigachat.js_modification}" />
REPLACE WITH:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.customFields.SoundChat} == 'yes'">
<xen:require js="js/dark/taigachatSound.js?{xen:raw $taigachat.js_modification}" />
<xen:else />
<xen:require js="js/dark/taigachat.js?{xen:raw $taigachat.js_modification}" />
</xen:if>

SAVE FILE

NAVIGATE TO:
ACP > Appearance > Template > dark_taigachat_popup

SEARCH FOR:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/dark/taigachat.js?{xen:raw $taigachat.js_modification}"></script>
REPLACE WITH:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.customFields.SoundChat} == 'yes'">[/INDENT]
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/dark/taigachatSound.js?{xen:raw $taigachat.js_modification}"></script>
<xen:else />
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/dark/taigachat.js?{xen:raw $taigachat.js_modification}"></script>
</xen:if>

SAVE FILE

Done! Go to your Account Settings --> Preferences and enable alert sounds in chat. Then try sending something in your Taigachat Pro. You should hear a sound now!

Hi..how do i get the sound on by default...thanks
I'll make a change for that, didn't realize someone would want it on by default : )

do we have to follow these rules or yours?
How to install:
  2. Install the addon
  3. Create new Custom User Field with the Field ID set to "shoutbox_settings". Make sure Field Type is set to "Checkboxes" and add a choice named "sound". You can edit other settings as your prefer.
  4. Try going to your users settings and toggling the Custom User Field on and off.
Follow these steps. The reason I made the addon is that so you won't have to make code changes and that it will not modify Taigachat files (which means Taigachat updates won't overwrite it).

I'll make a change for that, didn't realize someone would want it on by default : )

How to install:
  2. Install the addon
  3. Create new Custom User Field with the Field ID set to "shoutbox_settings". Make sure Field Type is set to "Checkboxes" and add a choice named "sound". You can edit other settings as your prefer.
Follow these steps. The reason I made the addon is that so you won't have to make code changes and that it will not modify Taigachat files (which means Taigachat updates won't overwrite it).

so no "yes"or "no" in the custom field....just exactly as you described above

On the left put "sound" and on the right whatever description you want to have. For example "Toggle shoutbox sound".

ok. did that...now i have done it exactly as you described. Let's see what happens if someone chats to me ;-)

Top Bottom