TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Hi @Luke Foreman not sure when you plan to extend this superb add-on with additional features already mentioned here like sound notification, highlighting messages with your names, ... but I have one more cool feature I would really love to see in TaigaChat Pro :)

View attachment 55460

This is taken from IPS and that number there shows how many members are currently chatting (3 members in chat). What do you think about including something like this? I think it would be awesome to have it :)
I would love to see that too. :)

I previously reported this issue to do with relative timestamps greater than 'an hour ago' not adhering to the user's timezone, and I thought it was fixed?

I'm now running the latest TaigaChat Pro (1.2.0) as a XenPorta block and noticed that when Speed Mode is enabled, and Timestamp format is set to Relative, the timestamps older than "an hour ago" are not in accordance with the user's local timezone. In the screenshot below, the timestamp "Today at 4:54 AM" should read "Today at 2:54 PM" for me.

upload_2013-9-1_15-8-45.webp

I previously reported this issue to do with relative timestamps greater than 'an hour ago' not adhering to the user's timezone, and I thought it was fixed?

I'm now running the latest TaigaChat Pro (1.2.0) as a XenPorta block and noticed that when Speed Mode is enabled, and Timestamp format is set to Relative, the timestamps older than "an hour ago" are not in accordance with the user's local timezone. In the screenshot below, the timestamp "Today at 4:54 AM" should read "Today at 2:54 PM" for me.

View attachment 55650

The workaround only applies to the absolute time modes, not relative unfortunately

Hi @Luke Foreman , I really prefer to have timestamp format - None for Shoutbox in sidebar as it saves some precious space, but sometimes it is very useful to know, what time was the last message posted to chat. That's why I wonder if it would be possible to show timestamp in tooltip (or something similar) when you hover over the chat message?

As far as I know, there is no option to show different timestamp format for sidebar, alternate and full view or am I wrong?

@Luke Foreman I need your help here.

I have two issues with alternative view of TaigaChat Pro for XenPorta. Please see the attached screen:

TaigaChatPro-Block.webp
Not sure where is the problem, but I really want to have the same nice styling for Shoutbox, which is by default for all other blocks. Is it issue on my side or with the block provided in TaigaChat Pro?

The second issue ish highlighted as well on the screen. How can I please extend the box for shouts? Is that position called alternate view? Where is the sidebar placed then? Because when I choose BBCode toolbar option in Full, Popup and Alternative views only, BB Code toolbar is still present it only disappears when I choose the option Full and Popup views only. Is that the only option to extend the box, disabling sidebar and alternate views?

EDIT: The above issue is solved now. I had the wrong block TaigaChatAlt placed in Sidebar instead of TaigaChat. But now 1 other issue appeared. When I enter MOTD, this is what I get:

TaigaChat-Sidebar.webp

MOTD is now not visible there as it is with black color and it is breaking the nice sidebar heading. I think it is some kind of bug this time.

Last edited:
Can this be changed to reflect my own phrase and "not" be a clickable link?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 7.13.33 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 7.13.33 AM.webp
    1.3 KB · Views: 15
Sorry if this has been asked, but how do I show the usergroup color in the shoutboxes page, the members online and members in chat should reflect the username color like the rest of the site?

Thanks
-Brandon

Found a bug in this, that when you ban a person from the chat, it strips their content from being output to a thread for archiving... thus what they did / said can't be reviewed as a result.

Is there any ways to display the Message Tools for Guest but not allow them to post any message. As it is look awful when Guest unable to see the Message Tools if there is no permission...

Is it possible to have 12 hour timestamps (am/pm) when running the shoutbox in speed mode like it is with speed mode disabled?

I'm having a bit of an issue. The problem is that when a user hits enter, the message usually remains in the editor. It is posted to the shoutbox, but the editor isn't cleared - so the user has to delete the text to type his next message.
This happens to all the users, and in multiple browsers, regardless of theme. It doesn't occur constantly - sometimes the editor is cleared properly.

S0sstEC.gif

This happens to all the users, and in multiple browsers, regardless of theme.
You may want to look at what other add-ons you're running, as maybe a script is clashing. Disable them all and see if it still does it, then enable them one at a time and keep testing until you find the culprit.

You may want to look at what other add-ons you're running, as maybe a script is clashing. Disable them all and see if it still does it, then enable them one at a time and keep testing until you find the culprit.

Thanks, but that didn't resolve it. The issue remained even with all other add-ons disabled.

Then you have a big problem, as that is not normal for this add-on and means something is specific to your installation.

Have you tested this on the default XF skin, with no template edits and all add-ons disabled?

Top Bottom