TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Did you drop your browsers cache upon doing this? Otherwise you may be loading the same issue over and over.

Are you using XF latest version and chat latest version? Have you uninstalled then reinstalled, including uploading all files again?

This would be seen by all if an issue... which it isn't, thus seems local to you.

Did you drop your browsers cache upon doing this? Otherwise you may be loading the same issue over and over.

Are you using XF latest version and chat latest version? Have you uninstalled then reinstalled, including uploading all files again?

This would be seen by all if an issue... which it isn't, thus seems local to you.

Both XF and chat are the latest versions, yes. I just tried uninstalling and uploading the files again. I have set everything as close to vanilla as possible, cleared my cache and the issue still remains. The problem only persists in "speed mode", though - but that's what I want to use because of server load.

I think Luke is looking at my Admin panel right now, though - so we shall see if he manages to find out what is wrong.

@Luke Foreman: I saw that you were online just now, sorry for uninstalling the chat it just now - it should be back and running as before now.

Hi, since upgrading to 1.2 my shoutbox has been noticibly slower.... after a message is submitted it can hang for 5 seconds or more before it shows up (members think it has been lost and type again). Also sometimes when a message is submitted the text gets posted but it also stays in the entry box...

Anyone else experience anything similar? Not sure what it could be.

Hi, since upgrading to 1.2 my shoutbox has been noticibly slower.... after a message is submitted it can hang for 5 seconds or more before it shows up (members think it has been lost and type again). Also sometimes when a message is submitted the text gets posted but it also stays in the entry box...

Anyone else experience anything similar? Not sure what it could be.

This is exactly the issue that I am having. Not 5 seconds, but a tad slow (I wouldn't know if it's slower than before, because I've just bought it). It's faster when it's not running in 'speed mode', though, which seems pretty weird.
So I'm not alone with the issue where the text stays in the editor after submission, at least :) - but for me this is constant and the rule rather than the exception.

This is exactly the issue that I am having. Not 5 seconds, but a tad slow (I wouldn't know if it's slower than before, because I've just bought it). It's faster when it's not running in 'speed mode', though, which seems pretty weird.
So I'm not alone with the issue where the text stays in the editor after submission, at least :) - but for me this is constant and the rule rather than the exception.

Its pretty constant for me too - sometimes it seems to play nice. It has happened exactly at the same time as the upgrade to 1.2. Could be coincidence but unlikely.

How do you remove the color option for the font? I would like to prevent my forum members from producing rainbow vomit/diarrhea since it is hard on the eyes and people complain about it.

How do you remove the color option for the font? I would like to prevent my forum members from producing rainbow vomit/diarrhea since it is hard on the eyes and people complain about it.

You can change the permissions so that they can't use colours.

Reactions: oVR

Interesting that you mention speed mode... I had it turned on too and when I disable it, everything speeds up:confused:
Potentially this is a speed mode issue then?

How can I edit the taiga chat title from Shoutbox to Chat? It changes the link to /chat but at the top of the shoutbox and on my Navbar it still says Shoutbox. How can I change this and the navbar to Chat?

• Go to your admin panel
  • Visit YOUR_FORUM_DOMAIN_HERE/admin.php?phrases/search
  • Search for "Shoutbox"

I got it now thank you.
Now is it possible to remove/disable the Shoutbox/Chat category/node bar thing?

Also, how can I move my navbar links down? Like move the Chat navbar link down further on my navbar.

So, I'm disabling speed mode until a patch or solution is found, then.

Unrelated, could anyone offer some advice on how to modify the theme/templates so that the MOTD text is placed in a proper location on the main page (it works fine on the dedicated shoutbox page) with the theme Scroll?
Hbz6Eag.png

Is there a way to disable timestamps when its in the sidebar but not when using the full version?

Having timestamps in the sidebar makes the formatting really off.

Top Bottom