TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Regarding the chat journalling feature , I would love to see a few minor enhancements.
One is to do a number check on the amount of pictures/multimedia to be archived.
If this is more than the amount allowed, results into no journal being saved.
(try pruning with a few youtube links on chat - more than ones allowed in a post. it wont let you.)
Ideally it should be split into more posts.
Also a new thread should be created say, every week, making clean up much easier.

First issue has been fixed already for next release, the limit per post is now correctly ignored

I'm also adding an option that will 'hack' the number of posts per page on the archive thread to just 1, as currently with an active shoutbox on my site, the archive thread can take up to a couple of minutes(!) to load in some cases.

As you said, its a hack to change it to 1. Splitting into another post and letting forum pagination do its thing is more "compatible" considering other , more limited display devices too. Also the max number of characters would need some "ignorance" (I have this pumped up for other reasons so I didn't check if it exists as an issue too).

As you said, its a hack to change it to 1. Splitting into another post and letting forum pagination do its thing is more "compatible" considering other , more limited display devices too. Also the max number of characters would need some "ignorance" (I have this pumped up for other reasons so I didn't check if it exists as an issue too).

That's a very good point actually, splitting into multiple posts would probably be a better solution, I'll do it that way :)

Max characters should be ignored in the current released version already, I think (it's definitely fixed for next release if not)

Not really, it's a security risk.

Do you have any other ideas? What were you going to check?

A few things:

- Is the node in question made private by ticking 'private node' or by revoking the view permission?
- Is the node in question a child of a private node or is it explicitly private itself?
- Does your unregistered/unconfirmed user group have an ID of 1?
- Do you have any addons installed that add additional node types?

Another minor issue, if the browser looses the session (e.g. ip change, network outage, etc) and the browser is in a logged in taigachat session, it keeps coming up with a no permission to access error, which makes it difficult to re-login. (you need to be really quick , or close the browser all together.) Maybe redirecting to homepage after displaying access denied message is a more compatible option, and it wont hurt anyone too :)

Another minor issue, if the browser looses the session (e.g. ip change, network outage, etc) and the browser is in a logged in taigachat session, it keeps coming up with a no permission to access error, which makes it difficult to re-login. (you need to be really quick , or close the browser all together.) Maybe redirecting to homepage after displaying access denied message is a more compatible option, and it wont hurt anyone too :)

Yep sorted for next release already, it now just silently stops refreshing (may also add warning message later)

Wondering if you have somewhere posted what is planned, so we don't keep reporting known things...

The beta changelog for 1.1.0 is as follows:

• Removed dependency on TinyMCE for colour picker functionality and button images (aka fixed compatibility with XenForo 1.2)
  • Added responsive design
  • Added Javascript timezone calculations, so that the absolute time display modes can now display local times with speed mode enabled.
  • Added /unban command
  • Added double-click to edit message
  • Added option to split archive output into separate posts after each x shout messages (default 35)
  • Added template preloading (2-3 less queries on some configurations)
  • Disabled all overlay caching
  • Increased time before scroll to new messages from 3.5 to 6 seconds
  • Fixed being unable to access ban option when both ‘edit others’ permission and speed mode are disabled
  • Fixed error overlay spam if session times out, guests cannot view the shoutbox and speed mode is disabled
  • Fixed user registration being broken if taigachat is disabled but not uninstalled
  • Fixed message input box being disabled until refresh if a server error occurs during posting

Last edited:
Nice :)
Here is another minor enhancement for your consideration
On the archiving feature, putting everything on a single thread creates clean-up difficulties. (remember clearing the first and oldest removes the whole thread as I recall). On a busy shoutbox, daily posts could easily exceed 10, in a month it would be
300+.. I presume is easy enough to define a custom forum instead of thread, and use a different thread based on month or week number and prebuild thread title (like July 2013 shoutbox archive, or week 33 shoutbox archive.)
You should keep pagination as planned anyway.

• Removed dependency on TinyMCE for colour picker functionality and button images (aka fixed compatibility with XenForo 1.2)
  • Added Javascript timezone calculations, so that the absolute time display modes can now display local times with speed mode enabled.
  • Added /unban command
  • Added option to split archive output into separate posts after each x shout messages (default 35)
  • Fixed being unable to access ban option when both ‘edit others’ permission and speed mode are disabled
  • Fixed error overlay spam if session times out, guests cannot view the shoutbox and speed mode is disabled
  • Fixed user registration being broken if taigachat is disabled but not uninstalled
  • Fixed message input box being disabled until refresh if a server error occurs during posting

How close is the Beta to being released :)

• Added /unban command

Hey Luke, I have a really big bug with your shoutbox.

When I update from Litespeed 4.1.13 to Litespeed > 4.2, sometimes, when my members sends messages in the shoutbox, there is like one times out of 10 a javascript error "logged in the console". But in the console, I only have the whole taigachat.html file where the messages are stored.

It's strange since this only happens whith Litespeed > 4.2, but your shoutbox is forcing me to stay on Litespeed 4.1.13.

Any ideas ? It's going to be hard for you to repdroduce that since you probably don't have Litespeed, I tried to figure it out myself but no way.

Hello,

i have a question.

How a tag person by using the add-on Taigachat?

1373147346-tag.png

Please

Hi,
I'm planning to buy this awesome plugin.
I just have 1 or 2 questions before doing it.

1. Is it possible to change the name of the box? It's always called Slothbox, but I'd like to change it.
2. Would it be possible to create more than 1 channel? I don't think so because it's a shoutbox, not a chat. but it would be awesome ^^

Hello,

i have a question.

How a tag person by using the add-on Taigachat?

1373147346-tag.png

Please

Currently user tagging isn't supported

Hi,
I'm planning to buy this awesome plugin.
I just have 1 or 2 questions before doing it.

1. Is it possible to change the name of the box? It's always called Slothbox, but I'd like to change it.
2. Would it be possible to create more than 1 channel? I don't think so because it's a shoutbox, not a chat. but it would be awesome ^^

1. Yes this is a simple matter of editing the dark_shoutbox phrase
2. Currently only a single room/channel is supported

How do I manage banned users as I don't seem to see the option to unbann them once banned

How do I manage banned users as I don't seem to see the option to unbann them once banned

Ok I see what the ban option now does, it remove the users permission for the shoutbox. The thing is here I would have no idea if a member was banned if it was done by a moderator. I would like to see a better way to handle this maybe a list of members that have been banned and an option to unban them. Also if a moderator mistakenly banns the incorrect member it would have to stay like that until such time as an admin can change the users permissions back

Ok I see what the ban option now does, it remove the users permission for the shoutbox. The thing is here I would have no idea if a member was banned if it was done by a moderator. I would like to see a better way to handle this maybe a list of members that have been banned and an option to unban them. Also if a moderator mistakenly banns the incorrect member it would have to stay like that until such time as an admin can change the users permissions back

This post may be of interest to you:

• Added /unban command

Ok I see what the ban option now does, it remove the users permission for the shoutbox. The thing is here I would have no idea if a member was banned if it was done by a moderator. I would like to see a better way to handle this maybe a list of members that have been banned and an option to unban them.

You can do this by using the 'Ban group ID' option, which will make it use a usergroup for bans instead. Note that it requires some manual configuration (basically you have to create a group that has taigachat permissions set to 'never'), as explained in the text below the option.

Also if a moderator mistakenly banns the incorrect member it would have to stay like that until such time as an admin can change the users permissions back

This will be covered in 1.1.0 by the /unban command

Top Bottom