TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Installed this this evening and have been toying with it. Got it on the front page and have new posts and recent posts displaying in the box - as I was testing out I went from public forums (which pulled up instantly nicely) but when I then posted in the private section it did not display in the box, is there a setting for this or does it not display in private noded?

If you would like private posts shown in the shoutbox activity, set the taigachat option 'Forum activity permissions user' to the user ID of a user that has access to those forums. Note that the activity notifications will be visible to anyone with shoutbox read permissions, or if speed mode is enabled, literally anyone.

another question is the letting on the buttons for italic and etc arent very clear how can i change the color

View attachment 48847

You can either edit the CSS so that the button has a light background, or invert the button images and apply the necessary CSS updates for the new image URL.

very good addon.

one question please how to change the time in timestamp (the time not the format).

i tried setting local time in xenforo admin php still not working.

thx.

For correct timestamps currently you must either use 'relative' timestamp format or disable speed mode

(1.2 Beta) There is also no link to the shoutbox on thread pages, and getting an error "requested page could not be found" at times when enabled.

will this work with 1.2 or is there an update due.

I dont want to update my forum until I know all my main mods will work

I have a feature request that when a user is banned from the shoutbox is also blocks the "posted a new thread" and "replied to thread" messages. We have a forum bot that posts news feeds and it kind of spams the shoutbox. I have banned the users from the shoutbox but they still spam post notifications. Any work-around?

I have a feature request that when a user is banned from the shoutbox is also blocks the "posted a new thread" and "replied to thread" messages. We have a forum bot that posts news feeds and it kind of spams the shoutbox. I have banned the users from the shoutbox but they still spam post notifications. Any work-around?
You could do something like this: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-chat-shoutbox-paid.40821/page-25#post-478492

Or customise it to be a blacklist for user ids.

Request Like Feature
Each Shoutbox message should be likeable by a button. of course this feature should be activable in ACP options. It doesn't push user "like counter" higher (ACP option). every user can activate the alert for shoutboxes likes in user control center options.
I didn't receive any answer. What do you think?

another question is the letting on the buttons for italic and etc arent very clear how can i change the color

View attachment 48847

If I'm not mistaken those are part of a spritesheet or individual imagery. You'll have to either edit the colour in a graphics editor or replace the image with your own custom image to cater for the dark background.

Major bug

I've got "Forum activity display" set to "Show new threads only" and "Forum activity permissions user" set to "0" (guest), yet whenever someone makes a new thread in our administrative forums, the new thread is mentioned in the shoutbox. Permissions should be set up fine as guests can't see the admin forums.

Major bug

I've got "Forum activity display" set to "Show new threads only" and "Forum activity permissions user" set to "0" (guest), yet whenever someone makes a new thread in our administrative forums, the new thread is mentioned in the shoutbox. Permissions should be set up fine as guests can't see the admin forums.

Try setting the permissions user option to an actual user that can't access your admin forums. This issue could occur if you had deleted the "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" group that comes as standard with XenForo (even if you later replace it).

Try setting the permissions user option to an actual user that can't access your admin forums. This issue could occur if you had deleted the "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" group that comes as standard with XenForo (even if you later replace it).
I made a new user with the registered group which can't see the admin forums and set the ID to that, but it didn't fix the problem.

My unregistered/unconfirmed group was never deleted either.

I also tried flushing our memcache stuff but that didn't help.

I made a new user with the registered group which can't see the admin forums and set the ID to that, but it didn't fix the problem.

My unregistered/unconfirmed group was never deleted either.

I also tried flushing our memcache stuff but that didn't help.

Can you PM me admin CP details?

Regarding the chat journalling feature , I would love to see a few minor enhancements.
One is to do a number check on the amount of pictures/multimedia to be archived.
If this is more than the amount allowed, results into no journal being saved.
(try pruning with a few youtube links on chat - more than ones allowed in a post. it wont let you.)
Ideally it should be split into more posts.
Also a new thread should be created say, every week, making clean up much easier.

Top Bottom