TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Hello, JamesBrown -

we didn't have a situation like that, but the refresh of the shoutbox is quite fast, within a second or so. But it always depends on the line speed as well.

Sorry if this has been answered but I searched and couldn't find anything. Is it possible to embed TaigaChat without having to use an iframe?

When placing an iframe of the chat within a page on XenForo, it appears however you can't type when logged in (I'm guessing due to it not detecting authentication possible?)

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been answered but I searched and couldn't find anything. Is it possible to embed TaigaChat without having to use an iframe?

When placing an iframe of the chat within a page on XenForo, it appears however you can't type when logged in (I'm guessing due to it not detecting authentication possible?)

The following template hooks are available: (should work pretty much anywhere)

<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat" /> - sidebar chatbox
<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_alt" /> - full width reduced height chatbox (designed for top/bottom of forum list), though you could increase the height easily with CSS
<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_online_users" /> - users in chat box
<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_fake" /> - allows auto updating of users in chat box if there is no proper instance of the shoutbox on the same page

Iframing should also work, assuming the domain (www/non-www) and protocol (http/https) are exactly the same as the parent page. If using the iframe approach, ideally you would want to iframe the popup view.

Is the chat box real time enough to hold a quiz? We presently use VB and 123 Flashchat. The quizmaster asks questions and the first post back with the correct answer is the winner. This works well, but we are moving to XF this month and Flashchat integration with XF is non existent. Would this be a suitable replacement for 123Flashchat?

It should be fully suitable for quiz use, as the messages are always inserted in the order they are received

The following template hooks are available: (should work pretty much anywhere)

<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat" /> - sidebar chatbox
<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_alt" /> - full width reduced height chatbox (designed for top/bottom of forum list), though you could increase the height easily with CSS
<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_online_users" /> - users in chat box
<xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_fake" /> - allows auto updating of users in chat box if there is no proper instance of the shoutbox on the same page

Iframing should also work, assuming the domain (www/non-www) and protocol (http/https) are exactly the same as the parent page. If using the iframe approach, ideally you would want to iframe the popup view.

Cheers. I think I'm having some caching issues at my end. I appreciate the prompt reply!

Awesome addon btw ;)

Hey Luke,

In the event of upgrading, and if one is using this as a XenPorta block, in addition to uploading the necessary files is a re-installation of the XenPorta block required? The current "upgrade" instructions refer to:

... install TaigaChatAlt.xml andTaigaChatOnline.xml. Ignore TaigaChat.xml as you already have it installed.

If a particular block is already installed, then you don't have an option to upgrade it. To effectively upgrade a block, I'm guessing one would have to uninstall it first. Is this correct?

Cheers.

Hey Luke,

In the event of upgrading, and if one is using this as a XenPorta block, in addition to uploading the necessary files is a re-installation of the XenPorta block required? The current "upgrade" instructions refer to:

If a particular block is already installed, then you don't have an option to upgrade it. To effectively upgrade a block, I'm guessing one would have to uninstall it first. Is this correct?

Cheers.

You don't need to worry about the xenporta block during upgrades, as it hasn't been modified since its initial release. If there is ever a change to it, specific steps will be added to the update instructions

Hey
I have two groups for smilies:
012.webp

in the smilie selection from the chat
are the smilies but arranged by each :-(
013.webp

can i change this?
greetings jo

Is it possible to make it so Taigachat can only be accessed on one page? I want it to be only accessible when one a single page & not at all off the page.

Where can I change this username for Shout Archive?
View attachment 76140

Edit the Archive Member option and put the ID of a member of your choice:

AiN79oc.png

e.g. 1 for your admin account.

No, The reason I deleted the exclusive Shoutbox user to post archive message it's because I'm using a top poster addon and that user is showing up on the list :)
So I deleted it and leave it posted by guest.

No, The reason I deleted the exclusive Shoutbox user to post archive message it's because I'm using a top poster addon and that user is showing up on the list :)
So I deleted it and leave it posted by guest.

In that case you will need to use a file edit to adjust the name, in library/Dark/TaigaChat/CronEntry/CleanUp.php, adjust this line as necessary:

Code:
$username = "TaigaChat";

Reactions: rdn
Is there no option where you can PM a member in the chatbox itself? On others you can normally click their name and start a convo with them in the chatbox

will this ever be added?

Top Bottom