• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I just upgraded to 1.0.0. I was using TaigaChat 0.2.0 until today. I un-installed the old version, deleted most of the files from the 0.2.0 version from my server, uploaded the files for the newest version (0.4.1) and installed it.

Now when I click on the shoutbox tab on the navbar, I only get this:

TaigaChat is currently disabled.

I'm an admin and I have all my privileges set up to allow me to view and participate and delete posts, etc...

Any tips as to what I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

You bet I did. Tried disabling and re-enabling.

I'm looking at the shoutbox page with firebug and not getting any errors nor warnings.

(Wow, you're quick to reply! Thanks. :) )

The disabled message comes before permissions are taken into account.

It sounds as if the uninstall / install didn't work properly then.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling again.

I did the uninstall, delete, upload, re-install for 0.4.1 and it didn't work.

Then I did the same for the 0.2.0 version, and that one works.

Strange.

how do i remove the time stamp? or make it to where on mini avatar scroll over it has the time of the message , the box is too narrow to have the time stamp showing

OK i took the time stamp off , im trying to get it to show on pop up or scroll over ... why doesn't the following work?

PHP:
<xen:if is="{$taigachat.miniavatar}">
            <xen:avatar user="$message" size="s" img="true" class="_plainImage taigachat_avatar" />
        </xen:if>

<a {xen:if $message.user_id, 'href="{xen:link members, $message}" '}class="username" alt="{$taigachat.rawtime}" itemprop="name"><xen:if is="{$message.usernameHtml}">{xen:raw $message.usernameHtml}<xen:else />{xen:helper richUserName, $message}</xen:if></a>:

where can I now change the font color
I would have the added black as the color

Code:
.taigachat_avatar img { width: 16px; height: 16px; padding: 0; vertical-align: bottom; }

.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_controls { margin: 0; }
#taigachat_controls .button { vertical-align: top; }
#taigachat_box .username { font-size: 11px; display: inline; }
#taigachat_box .Popup { display: inline-block; }
#taigachat_box.taigachat_thumbzoom .bbCodeImage { max-width: 203px; }
.taigachat_messagetext { display: inline-block; word-wrap: break-word; max-width: 100%; }
#taigachat_toolbar { margin-bottom: 5px; }
#taigachat_sidebar #taigachat_toolbar, #taigachat_full.taigachat_alt #taigachat_toolbar { display: none }
.taigachat_credit { text-align: right; color: @primaryLighter; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 5px; }

#taigachat_sidebar #taigachat_message { width: 193px; font-size: 11px; }
#taigachat_sidebar #taigachat_send { height: 21px; }
#taigachat_sidebar #taigachat_controls { margin: 5px 0 0; }
#taigachat_sidebar.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_controls { margin: 0; }

#taigachat_full #taigachat_box { width: 97%; height: 600px; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; font-size: 13px; }
#taigachat_full #taigachat_message { width: 90%; }
#taigachat_full .DateTime { font-size: 11px; }
#taigachat_full #taigachat_box .username { font-size: 13px; }
#taigachat_full .taigachat_messagetext { display: inline; }
#taigachat_full.taigachat_normal #taigachat_controls { margin: 0 0 5px; }

#taigachat_full.taigachat_alt #taigachat_box { font-size: 12px; margin: 0 auto 5px auto; width: 97%; }
#taigachat_full.taigachat_alt.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_box { margin: 10px auto; }
#taigachat_full.taigachat_alt #taigachat_box .username { font-size: 12px; }
#taigachat_full.taigachat_alt.taigachat_normal #taigachat_controls { margin: 10px 0 5px; }

/*.taigachat_popup_body { height: 100%; }*/
.taigachat_popup { padding: 0; height: 100%; margin: 0; position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; bottom: 0; right: 0;  }
.taigachat_popup > div { height: 100%; margin: -20px 0 0 0; padding: 10px 0; border-bottom: 0;  }
.taigachat_popup #taigachat_box { height: auto !important; position: absolute; top: 40px; left: 10px; right: 10px; bottom: 10px; width: auto !important; }
.taigachat_popup #taigachat_controls { position: absolute; left: 10px; right: 10px; top: 10px; }
.taigachat_popup.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_box { top: 10px; left: 10px; right: 10px; bottom: 30px; }
.taigachat_popup.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_controls { left: 10px; right: 10px; bottom: 10px; top: auto; }
.taigachat_toolbar_enabled .taigachat_popup #taigachat_box { top: 70px; }
.taigachat_toolbar_enabled .taigachat_popup.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_box { bottom: 60px; top: 10px; }
.taigachat_popup .taigachat_credit { display: none }

.taigachat_smilies_list { max-width: 250px; max-height: 225px !important; }
.taigachat_smilies_list li { display: inline; }
.taigachat_smilie { padding: 4px 6px; display: inline-block !important; }
.taigachat_bbcode { padding: 0; }
.xenForoSkin .taigachat_bbcode_color { display: block; width: 20px; height: 20px; background:url(styles/dark/color_swatch.png) no-repeat center; }

Hey dark :D
I'm curious if you could get the effects like bold font and such to be automatic when clicked. Instead of showing [b}[/b] it just has their font bolded from there on out. Also have it remembered their chooses. So if they click the bold font, even if they refresh the page the bold font selection will still be active.
Either way great job so far. I like the fast output.
Darkimmortal,

All the work and care you have put into creating this 'shoutbox' add-on is terrific and appreciated by those of us with little computer coding skills. On some Forums it is likely your add-on will become the predominantly used portion of the site with individuals carrying on significant dialog and information exchanges in real time. This is why the ability to archive chats and relegate them to a searchable file is important so that those who are not able to participate in real time have an opportunity to glean the information at a later date/time. Thank you for addressing that issue in an updated version.

I have an additional enhancement that I would like to see implemented but I have no idea how difficult it would be to achieve. It falls in line with "Junior's" request above. It has to do with individualizing a poster's text formatting. Is there a way for an individual to set a default text style for all of his/her posts in the 'shoutbox' without having to implement the BBCode on a line by line basis? e.g. 'posterA' could be using 'Arial' text font with color of green, 'posterB' could be using 'Courier' in italics and color blue, 'posterC' could be using 'Tahoma' in underline mode and color red. This would make identifying 'who' was saying 'what' visually much easier, making the flow of conversation more understandable and adding to comprehension. This also makes for a more interesting and colorful display, thus enhancing attentiveness.

Would you consider adding this feature in a near future upgrade?

Thanks for your consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom