• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 vote for being able to set default formatting and it stays in place for that user until s/he decides to change it.

Also, it would be VERY desirable to have some clue about how to edit a line when one is using the right-column version of the chatbox. I saw no clue anywhere in the column chatbox about being able to edit a line, or that you need to go to full-page view to find it.

PS: It might cut down on your having to respond to that question repeatedly. ;)

GREAT product!

Also, it would be VERY desirable to have some clue about how to edit a line when one is using the right-column version of the chatbox. I saw no clue anywhere in the column chatbox about being able to edit a line, or that you need to go to full-page view to find it.

PS: It might cut down on your having to respond to that question repeatedly. ;)

GREAT product!

There's an option for the dropdown to be displayed on the sidebar too - can't remember if it's on by default or not.

Brogan re: the Forum ID that needs to go in that box, is that a number (if a number, where do I find it, please?, or a thread name, or ??
Could you (or anyone who knows) please give an example that demonstrates proper format?
I'd sure appreciate it!
Many thanks
HJ
I presume it'd be a thread that you had made just for that purpose. For example, if it were this thread, the ID would be 7339 (see the taigachat-ajax-shoutbox.7339 in the URL).

EDIT: Broooooooooooooooooooooooogan >:U *shakes fist*

There's an option for the dropdown to be displayed on the sidebar too - can't remember if it's on by default or not.
Ah good to know! BTW re: that edit option. Who gets the rights to edit whom? Is the edit option available to everyone, and if Yes, for their own posts only? or?
Very glad to hear the option is available already. Thanks. Our people are liking the 'Box...
One thing... we'd like to edit the anchor text in the Shoutbox link (to full display) at the top of the sidepanel box.
How might I do that, please?

Thanks again, Brogan.
I don't see those options in the Edit Add-on: screen.
Where might they be tucked away, please?

10 minutes later...
FOUND IT!
Home > Options > TaigaChat (scroll to bottom (or near-bottom) of the list, that opens when you click the little inverted triangle button after the product name TITLE)

Thanks gents!
You always like me to beg, so here I go again...
What is the path to Phrases please?
I'm a Phrase Edit virgin.

I would think it's Home > Options > ...???
But no clues about it in the gray text following most of the Options in the Options Group list.
How/where do I search for these answers so I don't have to keep buggin' you guys about it?
Again, thanks!

I thought I found it at
Appearance > Languages > English (US) >
But I've already made edits to those three phrases.
Is there a cache that needs to be refreshed or something?

Also, not sure which of the three phrases it might be.
None of the phrase names gimme a clue about it.

I'm still workin' it... maybe found it.

Yep got it.
Thanks for holding my head while... :rolleyes:
Appearance > Phrases > English (US) > dark_shoutbox > (edit Phrase text)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom