• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to recover Taigachat material after it scrolls off screen, IF no custom file name is set to save the chat material to- in the beginning??

What other data gets thrown out of the database when this automatic cron cleanup runs?
Is it just mostly housekeeping kind of stuff or are we losing other post content as well?

Thanks!

No post or thread content is removed ever.

There are various cron tasks - you can see them all listed in the ACP -> Tools -> Cron Entries

Edit this CSS in the dark_taigachat.css template.

#taigachat_full #taigachat_box { width: 97%; height: 600px; margin: 0 auto 10px auto; font-size: 13px; }

That is set by this phrase: x_minutes_ago

It will affect threads and posts if you change it though.

oh i see, its general phrase for all the forum.

dark can you make a separate a separate phrase to shorten it?
if you use taigachat on sidebar, space is important due to limited width.. :)

Has anyone else noticed that when the box is refreshing, there's a brief lag whilst it fetches the data?
This can and has caused users to miss characters when typing.

Has anyone else noticed that when the box is refreshing, there's a brief lag whilst it fetches the data?
This can and has caused users to miss characters when typing.
i noticed that also especially if you set it on 3seconds or less refresh rate

No post or thread content is removed ever.

There are various cron tasks - you can see them all listed in the ACP -> Tools -> Cron Entries

Ok... no post or thread content is removed, but that's not talking about the transcript that sits "in" TaigaChat right? or wrong???

...the db gets purged to the last thousand messages... so are you saying that I can retrieve the last 1000 messages posted to the TaigaChat
or are you just talking about actual forum posts or??? I followed the path you showed as quoted here but that gives me a list of many options, none of which make much if any sense to me.

Basically I need Tech Support for Dummies as this level of crawling around behind the curtain is new to me (as obviously demonstrated by this and all previous posts to this forum).
Thanks.
HJ

Chat isn't post or thread content.
It's chat messages.

Only the chat table is purged daily of anything over 1,000 chat messages.
If there are less than 1,000 messages in chat then nothing will be purged.
Once the number of messages goes over 1,000, at some time early in the morning, the cron task will run and delete the oldest messages to reduce the table back down to 1,000 messages.

If you want to retain every message that is ever posted in chat, set up the thread archive as discussed a few posts ago.

Chat isn't post or thread content.
It's chat messages..
's what I figured. Thanks for the confirm on that.

Yes we set up the autoarchive feature and it's working fine. We were just wondering about how to retrieve at least some of the messages
before we got that thread set up.

So do I have to use phpMyAdmin to get in to the db to pull the rest?
or???
I'd appreciate the steps in (phpMyAdmin if that's how it's done) on how to connect to the XF db and locate the taigachat table where this data might be.

I've used phpMyAdmin before, a little bit, would still appreciate the steps once logged into it because I sure as heck don't want to break anything!
Thanks!

The table is dark_taigachat

So you could just export that table in .csv format, or whichever format you wish and all the messages will be available.
Only up to the most recent 1,000 though.

Open phpMyAdmin, click on the database name, click on export, select the dark_taigachat table, choose the format, click Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom