• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darkimmortal, I love the shoutbox chat, very impressive with the ajax loads :D
Any plans for different rooms, with usergroup permissions or even a basic room password ?

Darmimmortal, I love the shoutbox chat, very impressive with the ajax loads :D
Any plans for different rooms, with usergroup permissions or even a basic room password ?

I'm trying to avoid too much bloat from features like that, but that's not to say it won't happen at some point :)

I tried adding this shoutbox above the forums using this code
Code:
<xen:include template="dark_taigachat"><xen:set var="$taigachat_alt">1</xen:set></xen:include>
But it doesn't appear on my forumhome :confused:

Have you reverted your outdated template (assuming you haven't looked into it) I was having the same problem and I solved it by reverting my templates and repeating the xml upgrade.

I really loathe shoutboxes but this one is a first that I've enjoyed using at voiceradio.us so decided to install it on local. Firstly, thankyou so much for adding the abilty to use smilies and this shoutbox really does compliment smilies very nicely. Great add-on, excellent job.

One problem though, when you click to use smilies it obstructs the text field box. I'm not sure whether it would be best if whilst choosing smilies the text field box is available to view as I ( and i expect others) will post text text *smiley used* text text text *smiley used* this ensures we can see the smiley replacement posted and continue typing in the text field without closing the siley box and then re-openeing it.

Eitherway, in it's current state this is definitely an add-on I'll use. good job.

I actually got it fixed, thanks. didn't change usergroup permissions.

Don't worry I just spent the last hour and half installing/un-installing the add-on thinking I was doing something wrong and then realised I forgot to setup the permissions. The pitfalls of being english.

Edit: smiley box screenshot obstructing text field. (below)

taigachat.webp

Any ideas? Trying to run from the Porta module.

An exception occurred: filemtime() [<a href='function.filemtime'>function.filemtime</a>]: stat failed for js/dark/taigachat/taigachat.js in /myroot/library/Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/Index.php on line 67

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  • filemtime() in /myroot/library/Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/Index.php
    at line 67
  • Dark_TaigaChat_ControllerPublic_Index::getTaigaChatStuff()
    in /myroot/library/EWRporta/Block/TaigaChat.php
    at line 11
  • EWRporta_Block_TaigaChat->getModule() in /myroot/library/EWRporta/ViewPublic/Portal.php
    at line 33
  • EWRporta_ViewPublic_Portal->renderHtml() in /myroot/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php
    at line 212
  • XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject()
    in /myroot/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php
    at line 69
  • XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in /myroot/library/XenForo/FrontController.php
    at line 533
  • XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in /myroot/library/XenForo/FrontController.php
    at line 156
  • XenForo_FrontController->run() in /myroot/index.php at
    line 15

EDIT...

Fixed by adding full root path to the js call on line 67.

Will see what I can do about the smilies obstructing the message box in the next update :)

Thanks Di appreciate the response and for a really (which was unexpected seeing as i hate shoutboxes) excellent product. :thumbsup:

Not sure whether this is just an isolated issue on my part but when I go to the full chat and click the Popup link the bbcode buttons are blank. Just alerting you of it just in case this is not expected behaviour. (screenshot below)

taigachat_popup.webp

Thanks Di appreciate the response and for a really (which was unexpected seeing as i hate shoutboxes) excellent product. :thumbsup:

Not sure whether this is just an isolated issue on my part but when I go to the full chat and click the Popup link the bbcode buttons are blank. Just alerting you of it just in case this is not expected behaviour. (screenshot below)

Looks like the CSS hasn't loaded right at all :/ (lots of things that don't look right in that screenshot)

See if you've got any outdated templates and failing that, check the CSS url isn't 404ing for whatever reason

Looks like the CSS hasn't loaded right at all :/ (lots of things that don't look right in that screenshot)

See if you've got any outdated templates and failing that, check the CSS url isn't 404ing for whatever reason

Sorry about that. I just checked the popup on the default style and it appears correctly as it should. I'm looking in a few templates on the custom style that may be causing this.

Edit: Something in my extra.css template is causing it. I removed all the code and the popup box displays as it should.

A suggestion... How about when a thread is created this thread is announced in the shoutbox, lets say "Laztrix Just Post a Message (Thread): link"? There were a feature in one of Vbulletin’s shoutboxes and this kept the shoutbox active when sometimes the shoutbox activity was slow.

Maybe as a future feature?

I finally got around to upgrading, probably have to do it again later when a new version is released :D

Chat really is excellent now with the addition of BB Code buttons and smilies (I wonder if someone could even do a similar add-on for the plain text editor for posts?).

Now if custom BB Code just gets added to the core I'll be able to add all of my custom buttons such as spoiler, etc.

Really great work DI :)

If you could tie it (and the chat buttons) into KK's BBCM then that would be most excellent :)

Considering the amount of work DI has put in to this, including incorporating almost everyone's wishes whilst at the same time making it possible to disable any features not required, I think it only fair that everyone at least considers making a donation, no matter how small.

I will be doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom