• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh thats sneaky....im crawling back under my rock.
smile.png

This is superb, DI. I installed it before, but will definitly upgrade. I never even noticed the missing Archive, but that would indeed be essential for us (We have had chats with developers within the game before, and being able to easily extract the full chatlog, and have it available for viewing is definitly very useful).

I've been pondering looking into writing an importer for the CYB-chat box. Are you planning on releasing one, or would this still be a nice-to-have (if you'll be doing one, I can work on something different. Otherwise, it might be a fun challenge)?

Though I'm unable to reproduce it redirecting to /taigachat or whatever - by design it should redirect to the page you were previously on, using /taigachat or whatever route as a fallback.
That's awkward. It's happening after editing/deleting messages on the full (non-sidebar) shoutbox. I can PM you a link/test account if you like :p

EDIT: And yay for a new version! :p

EDIT2: So it turns out I'm an idiot, and it's not a Taigachat issue. Thanks for the help DI. :p

I use the full page chat and I don't have that problem of editing messages being redirected to a different URL.

I've been pondering looking into writing an importer for the CYB-chat box. Are you planning on releasing one, or would this still be a nice-to-have (if you'll be doing one, I can work on something different. Otherwise, it might be a fun challenge)?

Written off the top of my head, might not even be valid SQL: :p

Code:
insert into dark_taigachat (user_id, username, date, message) values(select (select new_id from xf_import_log where content_type='user' and old_id=vb.userid), null, vb.dateline, vb.message from vbulletin_database.tableprefix_cyb_chatbox vb)

You'd need to at least replace vbulletin_database.tableprefix_cyb_chatbox with the right details

I installed the latest version, and while the BBCode bar does show on the full-page chat, it does not on the horizontal one, even if I focus on the textbox.The setting in the AdminCP has been set to enable on all views.

Any thoughts, DI?

Written off the top of my head, might not even be valid SQL: :p

Code:
insert into dark_taigachat (user_id, username, date, message) values(select (select new_id from xf_import_log where content_type='user' and old_id=vb.userid), null, vb.dateline, vb.message from vbulletin_database.tableprefix_cyb_chatbox vb)

You'd need to at least replace vbulletin_database.tableprefix_cyb_chatbox with the right details

Thanks , but I'm completely switching between databases in order to remove a lot of clutter from my DB. I'm pondering writing an additional import option to Paul's vB4 importer to accomplish the migration, while keeping the userids intact :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom