• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

TaigaChat - AJAX shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks , but I'm completely switching between databases in order to remove a lot of clutter from my DB. I'm pondering writing an additional import option to Paul's vB4 importer to accomplish the migration, while keeping the userids intact :)

That's a cross database query, it just reads from the table in the old database then you can get rid of it or whatever.

Or have I misunderstood what you want to do?

btw, when u type an email on the chat, it comes out on that way [ email] ***@gmail.com [/ email]

can u fix it so it will only be displayed as an email?

How are you entering the email?
It works fine on my installation just entering the email address on its own.

Unless this is related to one of the latest updates?

when i type email@gmail.com
Qnl

it looks that way

Have you got parse all bb code selected in the ACP for chat?

BBCode parser level - Full: Parse all BBCode tags

Ah yeah i had only the basic ones parshed ... now it works ... by the way , the shout box uses a lot of resources? i want to add a portal also but i am afraid of combining it with the shoutbox also

Ah yeah i had only the basic ones parshed ... now it works ... by the way , the shout box uses a lot of resources? i want to add a portal also but i am afraid of combining it with the shoutbox also

In my limited experience the resource consumption has been fairly low, mostly thanks to monitoring the document focus which is vastly more effective than the 'idle timers' other shoutboxes use.

I installed the latest version, and while the BBCode bar does show on the full-page chat, it does not on the horizontal one, even if I focus on the textbox.The setting in the AdminCP has been set to enable on all views.

Any thoughts, DI?

Assuming you've tried reuploading/clearing your cache, is 'taigachat_bbcode' present anywhere in the HTML?

New version released with a bunch of bugfixes/improvements :)

0.4.1 (01/02/2011):

• Improved caret positioning after BBCode has been added in all browsers.
  • Added [email] to 'none' and 'basic' BBCode levels.
  • Completely reworked the templates for tidier variable usage and fixed XenPorta support with the BBCode toolbar enabled.
  • Fixed smilies button wrapping to a new line in IE.
  • Fixed smilies list using one line per smilie in IE.
  • Fixed archive member URLs not being generated properly.
  • Fixed delete link and submit button not using active route in the edit message window.
  • Fixed messages posted very soon after page load not appearing instantly for the poster.
Also please note the extended update process for this version:

Updating: (0.4.0 to 0.4.1)
  1. Upload the contents of upload folder to your forum root, overwriting all files.
  2. Perform upgrade process with the new addon xml file.
  3. Revert+merge all TaigaChat templates you have modified (significant changes made to all of them)
  4. Upload new /xenPorta/upload/library/EWRporta/Block/TaigaChat.php if you are using XenPorta.

Thanks, DI. Upgrading did address the issue. I'm guessing it might not have worked earlier due to the template having been altered in the style I was viewig it in (I'm so used to having TMS on vB that I keep forgetting to make changes in all my templates :( )

how to add the smilies in the horizontal version (above forums) ?

As long as you have the BBCode toolbar option set on 'Full, Popup and Alternative views only' or 'Enabled in all views, including sidebar' it should just work.

Though you have to focus the message box first, just like the sidebar version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom