[TAC] Stop Country Spam

[TAC] Stop Country Spam [Paid] 3.1.5

No permission to buy ($19.00)
I've just updated this on SurreyForum, I've tested what I can...

But, if you can afford to leave it a day, it will pretty much test it's self (bots will attempt to register directly via the forum or indirectly via the server request)... these 2 mechanism will be logged

Either as:
Registration Blocked -
+ Details (via the registration page)

Registration Blocked & Direct Params Sent -
+ Details (via a sneaky direct request to the server)

blocked.webp

lol @ this dude calling me power hungry cause I blocked every country but America and three or four others. That doesn't make any sense.

I've realised, I can probably do one more thing and check FaceBook registrations via country...

I'll add it as an option (probably tomorrow)

lol @ this dude calling me power hungry cause I blocked every country but America and three or four others. That doesn't make any sense.

who is calling yo power hungry?? I am doing the same thing with my site.. we need to get to the bottom of this problem.
~peace

who is calling yo power hungry?? I am doing the same thing with my site.. we need to get to the bottom of this problem.
~peace
Some member on my site.

I'm doing this to prevent spam registrations. Don't know how power got mixed into the equations. People are dumb.

Testing complete (by the bots / banned countries)... There was a bug that would have caused errors for the banned countries, I've fixed this in StopCountrySpam_1_0_12

I am getting server error log entries... 37 entries so far... no regsitations!

undefined variable: debug
library/StopCountrySpam/model/spam.php:137

yes, that was what the last update was for... only the banned countries were causing this (as mentioned, it wasn't really tested and I was going to wait overnight to let the banned countries and bots test it for me... but they already found something and I've added the fix)

Download version StopCountrySpam_1_0_12 .

Actually, I would revert to version StopCountrySpam_1_0_10, at least until I've tested it a bit more thouroughly

Okay, I know why they were coming through... the default set up used the following:

countryCode2 instead of CountryCode2 for the index in the options
The default has now changed to use the correct case sensitvity: StopCountrySpam_1_0_13

(I never saw this issue, since I use a non default look up: wipmania)

I'm still looking at making another release tomorrow to block countries via FB reg.

Ugh.. when you look at the options for StopCountrySpam_1_0_13

at the bottom, does it say:

Index Name: CountryCode2
or
Index Name: countryCode2

If the 1st, then it's the correct version, I just forgot to update the version number before exporting.

I think I need a cigerette before continuing this (making silly mistakes!), but I will get it completed again before the end of the night

Top Bottom