[TAC] Fool Bot Honey Pot

[TAC] Fool Bot Honey Pot [Paid] 3.0.32

No permission to buy ($29.00)
What error is this?

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Field 'avignored' doesn't have a default value - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214 Generated By: Unknown Account, 30 minutes ago Stack Trace #0 /home/blah/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array) #1 /home/blah/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array) #2 /home/blah/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `xf...', Array) #3 /home/blah/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1612): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('xf_user_profile', Array) #4 /home/blah/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1601): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() #5 /home/blah/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1393): XenForo_DataWriter->_save() #6 /home/blah/public_html/library/MetaMirror/DataWriter/User.php(8): XenForo_DataWriter->save() #7 /home/blah/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(294): MetaMirror_DataWriter_User->save() #8 /home/blah/public_html/library/Tac/FoolBotHoneyPot/ControllerPublic/Register.php(720): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister() #9 /home/blah/public_html/library/UserEss/ControllerPublic/Register.php(68): Tac_FoolBotHoneyPot_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister() #10 /home/blah/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): UserEss_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister() #11 /home/blah/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch)) #12 /home/blah/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #13 {main} Request State array(3) { ["url"] => string(35) "https://8thos.com/register/register" ["_GET"] => array(0) { } ["_POST"] => array(39) { ["username"] => string(6) "mirana" ["4d247524b6cb593df2"] => string(6) "mirana" ["7dc31524b6cb593516"] => string(0) "" ["fe2ee524b6cb593a93"] => string(0) "" ["8e9e3524b6cb592f47"] => string(0) "" ["baaa7524b6cb593297"] => string(21) "thepersons@email" ["f4d57524b6cb593862"] => string(0) "" ["bc67e524b6cb593372"] => string(0) "" ["478d3524b6cb593447"] => string(0) "" ["email"] => string(21) "thepersons@email" ["d24eb524b6cb5938a5"] => string(0) "" ["b90c2524b6cb593168"] => string(0) "" ["528ae524b6cb593075"] => string(8) "sunugal1" ["daa00524b6cb593e2f"] => string(8) "sunugal1" ["bb78d524b6cb593b8b"] => string(0) "" ["e69f0524b6cb592dc5"] => string(0) "" ["a7f81524b6cb592e02"] => string(0) "" ["79c99524b6cb593c42"] => string(0) "" ["password"] => string(8) "********" ["password_confirm"] => string(8) "********" ["dob_month"] => int(9) ["dob_day"] => int(10) ["dob_year"] => int(1990) ["gender"] => string(6) "female" ["ffe7d524b6cb5935a4"] => string(6) "female" ["04830524b6cb59325a"] => string(0) "" ["2889e524b6cb5939db"] => string(0) "" ["6fc4b524b6cb59362e"] => string(0) "" ["custom_fields_shown"] => array(1) { [0] => string(16) "profanity_filter" } ["9145e524b6cb5930b2"] => string(14) "Pacific/Midway" ["timezone"] => string(14) "Pacific/Midway" ["c7446524b6cb59312b"] => string(14) "Pacific/Midway" ["557e8524b6cb5935e9"] => string(14) "Pacific/Midway" ["0aa2e524b6cb593e6e"] => string(14) "Pacific/Midway" ["captcha_question_answer"] => string(6) "theanswer" ["captcha_question_hash"] => string(40) "de6d87a03cebcdeceb5ff1c184b7710dd7dfc5dd" ["agree"] => string(1) "1" ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********" ["reg_key"] => string(32) "ee6057bf9cd21e0e7af55bcf9ddff0a8" } }

@DRE avignored is not a foolbothoneypot column / field

What is avignored from?
If avignored is a custom field, FBHP should still be fine (so I suspect it is not a custom field)

I've also checked every core file and the text "avignored" does not occur once in any core file at all.

What else it altering your registration form.

FBHP alters the registration form... in fact it alters every field in the registration form to give you a completely new custom form every time a bot (or human) visits (but this wont be noticable to humans). If you are using another mod that alters what is sent from the registration form, they are quite likely to clash

I can't really tell what this is without looking at your registration form, and since you've turned off the registration, all I can really tell you from that error is "avignored" is not part off the core or FoolBotHoneyPot

Last edited:
@DRE avignored is not a foolbothoneypot column / field

What is avignored from?
If avignored is a custom fields, FBHP should still be fine (so I suspect it is not a custom field)

I've also checked every core file and the text "avignored" does not occur once in any core file at all.

What else it altering your registration form.

FBHP alters the registration form... in fact it alters every field in the registration form to give you a completely new form every time a bot (or human) visits . If you are using another mod that alters what is sent from the registration form, they are quite likely to clash

I can't really tell what this is without looking at your registration form
Okay I figured it out after you told me that. I bought Default Avatars from @ineedhelp and couldn't get it to work. I tried to donate to @sadikb to fix it but he's been busy. I had it disabled so I'm surprised that error came up. I'll just have to uninstall it and take the loss for now.

I had an issue where every new user registration would be met with the error "Mysql server has gone away" at first I thought it to be a server side error, but I found the "Spam Busted" portion of this addon causing the api to hang and causing the sql disconnect. Just wanted to give you a heads up. I disabled the API and everything is working fine. I'm using the latest updated version.

@JP1021 There is no "Spam Busted" portion of FoolBotHoneyPot, are you talking about AnyApi:

http://xenforo.com/community/resour...tion-anti-spam-anti-fraud-any-api-thing.1467/#

In which case, the spambusted API seems to be down
http://www.spambusted.com/

Our Apologies

Due to a necessity to move the site and the issue of hackers constantly attempting to bring down Spambusted.com, I was forced to shutdown for a while and make some changes.

I will be changing the way the site works and slimming down the database, and will have the site up again asap!

Thank you for your understanding,

Jan

But this shouldn't prevent registration (I still have it set to default on a honey pot forum I use, registration is still possible, many thousand attempts, 0 bots get through, 0 server errors, humans register without issue)

Or are you using SpamBusted via another add-on?

What might have happened is the SpamBusted API took more than 30 seconds (rather than just being down). The fact that they are down now is kind of suggesting that they slowed to a halt. I'm not a big fan of using APIs, especially not multiple APIs. FoolBotHoneyPot alone continues to block 100% of bots without issue, but multiple mechanisms and at least one good API (StopForumSpam / StopBotters) is always a good secondary measure just in case one mechanisms fails.

Last edited:
Gotcha. Yes your software is working spectacularly, I didn't realize they were separate. Rookie mistake. That makes sense now that I know spambusted is down.

In one forum I get "incorrect string value" in the logs

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xB4`\x10e\xE2\xDD...' for column 'server' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214 
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 4:02 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/database/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/database/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/database/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(574): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('INSERT INTO `sf...', Array)
#3 /home/database/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1612): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert('sf_foolbothoney...', Array)
#4 /home/database/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1601): XenForo_DataWriter->_insert()
#5 /home/database/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1393): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /home/database/public_html/library/Tac/FoolBotHoneyPot/ControllerPublic/Register.php(689): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /home/database/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): Tac_FoolBotHoneyPot_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#8 /home/database/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/database/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}

I already looked at the database tables, they are all utf8_general_ci including the server column.

Well, that looks like your server value is too big for the column type (which is strange, text should be big enough)

The history is cleaned up automatically now, so that no more than 3 months is shown (so that shouldn't be an issues)

try running this sql:

ALTER TABLE `sf_foolbothoneypot_log ` MODIFY `server` MEDIUMTEXT

The column is currently of type "text" - this should hold 65K characters - no server name is that long :)
What server is meant? My server? This is definitely a short name in english only chars. But probably its the server of the user.

Could this be a utf encoding problem?

Not a UTF issue, have you tried converting the type from text to mediumtext?

server contains the php value $_SERVER, this gives you lots of information about the bot, including what they sent in their header, including their cookie session, referer and user agent. It also contains paths and script locations

If you click a FBHP log, it opens up an overlay, one of the things displayed is "Server Params", this is the data from $_SERVER (it gives you lots of information that you probably wont need, but tells me about a few interesting patterns when I look at my own logs, sometimes I can even see what other forum types that particular bot has been to from the session cookies in their header)

It could be that for your particular server, it uses long paths (so is beyond the 65K, but that would be quite a lot of data)

A typical $_SERVER from the log:

Server Params
CONTENT_LENGTH => 934
CONTENT_TYPE => application/x-www-form-urlencoded
DOCUMENT_ROOT => /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html
GATEWAY_INTERFACE => CGI/1.1
HTTP_ACCEPT => text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING => gzip, deflate
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE => en-US,en;q=0.5
HTTP_CONNECTION => keep-alive
HTTP_COOKIE => xf_session=xxxxxxxxxx
HTTP_HOST => xxxxxxxxxx
HTTP_REFERER => xxxxxxxxxx
HTTP_USER_AGENT => Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
PATH => /bin:/usr/bin
QUERY_STRING =>
REDIRECT_STATUS => 200
REDIRECT_UNIQUE_ID => xxxxxxxxxx
REDIRECT_URL => /register/register
REMOTE_ADDR => xxxxxxxxxx
REMOTE_PORT => xxxxxxxxxx
REQUEST_METHOD => POST
REQUEST_URI => /register/register
SCRIPT_FILENAME => xxxxxxxxxx
SCRIPT_NAME => /index.php
SERVER_ADDR => 46.29.89.170
SERVER_ADMIN => xxxxxxxxxx
SERVER_NAME => xxxxxxxxxx
SERVER_PORT => 80
SERVER_PROTOCOL => HTTP/1.1
SERVER_SIGNATURE =>
SERVER_SOFTWARE => Apache
UNIQUE_ID =>xxxxxxxxxx
PHP_SELF => /index.php
REQUEST_TIME => 1383651901
argv => a:0:{}
argc => 0

started seeing this error too in the server log.

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xB4`\x10Y\xA0\xA2...' for column 'server' at row 1 -library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 10:33 PM

i have changed the type to mediumtext and will monitor it.

I think it could be 1 or 2 bots incorrectly set up when faking their referer (some bots are so badly set up, they try to pump thousands of names into a field instead of 1)

@Walter how often, is it every log and is it only happening on your one server and not others?

It shouldn't be getting to this:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception

unless the data is too big for the column, since the data is passed through the xenforo datawritter and validated as a string type. So if anything, unless the data was too big, the error would be shown to the users (which it isn't).

So the data must still be too big for the column, are you absolutely sure you changed the column type?

Would it be possible to look at the forum and try to debug it (if it's not in use). I don't have a way of reproducing it on my forums yet, but if it happens on your one forum and bots are making this happen I might be able to find out what it is.

It must still have something to do with that column, so looking at the ones that have successfully saved (if there are any) might give me some clues about what's being sent that could cause it

What we do in such cases is to write a log to get a look at the value which should be inserted and (if the value is really to big) truncate the value before writing it into the database.

Yes, I was going to truncate it with the datawriter... However, I'm surprised making that column MEDIUMTEXT didn't solve this (so I suspect there might be something else happening, I really want to know what it's trying to save.)

Top Bottom