[TAC] Fool Bot Honey Pot

[TAC] Fool Bot Honey Pot [Paid] 3.0.32

No permission to buy ($29.00)
The number of valid users getting blocked from registration is brutal. Please add a setting to disable the hidden fields.

If the user has a password manager or a browser that fills in passwords / forms, then they will fail. Almost everyone has that these days. And Chrome actively ignores any flags to not use password managers on a field.

The solution @Yugensoft applied was to display a message to users to turn off their password manager. But no one reads notices anymore.

Strange, when I had my addon on vB that utilised hidden fields, it was never filled in by password managers. Could be I had a different approach.

It seems that the hidden fields are not only filled in by browser passwords managers but also people who use the Tab key.

No, but there are people who use the Tab key to go to the next field and then start typing into the hidden field.

No, but there are people who use the Tab key to go to the next field and then start typing into the hidden field.
All of the input fields are set to tabindex="-1", which is the W3C standard way to prevent tabbing on fields. It's possible the user is using an ancient browser, from back when this setting wasn't recognized.
This would be great - it's tripping up a lot of our users.
The hidden fields are the honeypot, therefore disabling hidden fields is the same as just disabling this TAC component addon.

All of the input fields are set to tabindex="-1", which is the W3C standard way to prevent tabbing on fields. It's possible the user is using an ancient browser, from back when this setting wasn't recognized.
I am able to tab from the email field to hidden fields on chrome 66. Same for tab from either password field to the next hidden field.

Mine is chrome 66 and tabbing from the email or password field jumps to gender (unspecified). So not sure the nature of the discrepancy

OK, but the hidden fields are the addon. Without them, the addon is moot, and therefore the option to turn off hidden fields is turning off the addon.

FBH has:
  • Stop Non Browser Based Bots
  • JavaScript Enabled Browsers (not useful)
  • Check Bad Hosts
  • Enable StopBotters
  • Redirect Known Bot IP
  • statistics for the other spam addons. (which I find quite useful)

No the fields are added only by FBHP. Not sure if PT messes with tabindex="-1" or not. IMHO it doesnt really matter as soon as @Yugensoft adds a setting to remove hidden fields.

Top Bottom