[TAC] Fool Bot Honey Pot

[TAC] Fool Bot Honey Pot [Paid] 3.0.32

No permission to buy ($29.00)
That phrase is part of the core:
spam_prevention_registration_rejected = Your registration has been rejected as it resembles automated or spam-like behavior. Please contact the administrator for further information or assistance.

I will need to check beta 4

I've tested this add-on locally on its own and in conjunction with CustomImgCaptach, I didn't get this warning

There are many reasons why the core might detect you as being "spam like", can you check your core logs and it might give you a clue

THESE ARE CORE LOGS (please let me know what it says):
https://8th.us/admin.php?logs/spam-trigger

Can you also update FBHP and CIC (since these don't look like the latest versions, and I don't want to spend time trying to work out why a not up to date version isn't working)

Thanks, hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it ;)

Last edited:
@DRE I've now also tested this on a live beta 4 site, using CustomImgCapthca + FBHP + a required field.. still no issues...

I need to know what the message is in your logs (https://8th.us/admin.php?logs/spam-trigger), I need to be able to reproduce your issue.

As far as I can tell from my testing, FBHP still stops 100% of bots without humans even noticing it, there are no issues with the latest version and XF 1.3 Beta 4

Reactions: HWS
I've tested this add-on locally on its own and in conjunction with CustomImgCaptach, I didn't get this warning

There are many reasons why the core might detect you as being "spam like", can you check your core logs and it might give you a clue

THESE ARE CORE LOGS (please let me know what it says):
https://8th.us/admin.php?logs/spam-trigger

Can you also update FBHP and CIC (since these don't look like the latest versions, and I don't want to spend time trying to work out why a not up to date version isn't working)

Thanks, hopefully we'll get to the bottom of it ;)
Spam Trigger Log
No entries have been logged.
Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 3.56.50 PM.webp

Can you try turn each off, does it then allow it?
Had both addons disabled and it let me register.

So then I only disabled Mandatory Location and it let me register.

I guess this is interfering with Mandatory Location. I'll disable that addon since this one's more important.

Had both addons disabled and it let me register.

So then I only disabled Mandatory Location and it let me register.

I guess this is interfering with Mandatory Location. I'll disable that addon since this one's more important.

Try updating to this:
http://www.surreyforum.co.uk/thread...th-a-custom-registration-page.1621/#post-2400

I now use template modifications to update the form, this should make it more compatible with other plugins that also manipulate the registration form

tenants updated FoolBotHoneyPot Bot Killer: Spam Combat with a new update entry:

Now uses template modifications if XF > 1.2

• If XF >= 1.2 I now use template modifications to modify the registration form. This means it should be more compatible with many more add-ons that also manipulate the registration form

Read the rest of this update entry...

Also, my to-do list for this add-on is complete... I will be adding updates if it breaks, or if issues are reported, but this anti-spam mechanism works very well... It currently stops 100% of spam bots without human issues ;)

This add-on is fairly complete, it does exactly what it says on the tin. Stops 100% of spam bots elegantly without humans even noticing it! If you think of any enhancements, let me know.

Last edited:
I just bought and installed this earlier today. Was going to ask if there was any way to test it, but it just blocked 5 signup attempts in the last 25 minutes when I checked the log! (y) :D

Yeah, spam bots make pretty good testers for this plugin ;)

I would always test a manual registration, to make sure humans can still register... But humans should never be affected or even notice this (no false positives, no bots :) )

Just checking my growing log of disappointed spambots, and noticed the plugin needs updating.

I installed this from the download on your site today in the TAC - AntiSpam Tools Collection (100% Anti Bot, Country, Custom Captcha, Human) thread.

upload_2014-2-19_17-41-15.webp

EDIT: I may just be confused with the various different threads for your products, so excuse me if I'm reading the wrong one... ;)

tenants updated FoolBotHoneyPot Bot Killer: Spam Combat with a new update entry:

Now uses template modifications if XF > 1.2

Read the rest of this update entry...

Also, my to-do list for this add-on is complete... I will be adding updates if it breaks, or if issues are reported, but this anti-spam mechanism works very well... It currently stops 100% of spam bots without human issues ;)
I've some trouble with this last version... all user rejected with a strange request on time zone setting...
Disabled for now

I've some trouble with this last version... all user rejected with a strange request on time zone setting...
Disabled for now

@giorgino

I need more info than that. What is the message?

Do you use an add-on or other that manipulates the timezone, or do you modify the registration form template.

For the time zone, I look for and replace the following (this is in the default registration_form template):
Code:
<dl class="ctrlUnit" style="display: none">
        <dt><label for="ctrl_timezone">{xen:phrase time_zone}:</label></dt>
        <dd>
            <select name="timezone" class="textCtrl {xen:if $fields.timezoneAuto, 'AutoTimeZone'} OptOut" id="ctrl_timezone">
                <xen:foreach loop="$timeZones" key="$identifier" value="$name">
                    <option value="{$identifier}" {xen:selected "{$identifier} == {$fields.timezone}"}>{$name}</option>
                </xen:foreach>
            </select>
        </dd>
    </dl>

If its not there, then it can't be replaced. So is there any reason this wouldn't be in the template?

Last edited:
The message was something like "please insert password" and "please set the correct time zone".
The only template modification I use, is a customization of date of birth (in italian format DD-MM-YYY). No other mods in registration form.

You can take a look at www.immobilio.it

The message was something like "please insert password" and "please set the correct time zone".
The only template modification I use, is a customization of date of birth (in italian format DD-MM-YYY). No other mods in registration form.

You can take a look at www.immobilio.it

Is that an Add-on you have used, OR have you manually edited the registration_form template? (It's a bit unclear from what you said)

Last edited:
Top Bottom