Tabs by Waindigo [Deleted]

I'd be willing to contribute for the following features:
- ability to tab a forum/category. This will create tabs at the forum/category view page aswell
- Stretch goal: having the tabs show the number of posts/threads the thread/forum has in the tab name. Something like:
thread (2) | forum (130)
- ability to tab any URL. This will only have to create a tab for the item your adding the tab to and not on the URL side.

Also, please make this addon compatible with *******'s Advance Rating addon. Currently, if a thread has a rating and I add a tab for that thread there are two sets of tabs for the thread. Instead I'm hoping it'll just have 1 set of tabs.

Hello Jon,
is it possible to set the default content type to media instead of topic? Or even better: is it possible to limit the range of available content types to just media?
This way it would be easier for my users to add previously uploaded images to threads. Now they have to switch the content type from topic to media first, which is something that confuses a lot of users.
thanks,
Sacha

OMG, there doesn't seem to be a way to delete/remove tabs once you add them! Anyone have a workaround? or want to contribute to have this implemented?

Hello.

I think, I miss the dislike Button ... a not existing delete option is a pressure medium. (n)

Another question is - you only pay for the extra features or the support pieces then?

Round about 40 Euro only for a hand full premium features like "can delete the Buttons" is ... :censored:

Regards

Hello.

I think, I miss the dislike Button ... a not existing delete option is a pressure medium. (n)

Another question is - you only pay for the extra features or the support pieces then?

Round about 40 Euro only for a hand full premium features like "can delete the Buttons" is ... :censored:

Regards
It is only thanks to the generosity of other members of this community, namely @Brett Chitty, @sinucello, @ggace and @The Dark Wizard, that you are allowed to access this add-on at all.

Perhaps you would like to thank them first before you start looking for the dislike button?

Unfortunately, no-one else was willing to step up and pay for a delete feature, so I spent my own time to create this because it is a much needed feature, as you pointed out.

Since you think it should be in the free version, perhaps you would be willing to pay the cost of the time so that I can add it to the free version? It will be more than 40 euros though!

Hello Jon.

Stay fair! I have no problem paying for an add-on. But the question is how and for what! I paid by yourself for your work and got it by any user thanks. And so it is.

What bothers me is to give your current licensing policy in combination with your kind support.
Especially when it comes to the elimination of errors. :cool:

Since you think it should be in the free version, perhaps you would be willing to pay the cost of the time so that I can add it to the free version? It will be more than 40 euros though!
You dont understand what i mean. And I'm still waiting on an offer for the solution of problems in add-on resource managers... You might think Don and Ron are not the same people. :(

Hello Jon.

Stay fair! I have no problem paying for an add-on. But the question is how and for what! I paid by yourself for your work and got it by any user thanks. And so it is.

What bothers me is to give your current licensing policy in combination with your kind support.
Especially when it comes to the elimination of errors. :cool:

You dont understand what i mean. And I'm still waiting on an offer for the solution of problems in add-on resource managers... You might think Don and Ron are not the same people. :(
My proposal for support of other add-ons is here:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/unmaintained-waindigo-add-ons.92321/

This thread is for discussion of Tabs by Waindigo.

Jon W updated Tabs by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.3.0 released

New features:
  • Now supports creating forum tabs, including tab rules for creating any content type when creating a forum or automatically creating a forum when any other content type is created.
  • Lots of code has been refactored to make it easier for me (or other developers) to add new content types in future. Please PM me if you're interested in contributing towards a new content type.

Read the rest of this update entry...

is it possible to limit the range of available content types to just media?
I needed this change, so I fixed it myself. In library/Waindigo/Tabs/Model/Tab.php
change all occurences of:
Code:
        $contentTypes = array(
            'thread' => new XenForo_Phrase('thread'),
            'conversation' => new XenForo_Phrase('conversation')
        );

to

Code:
        $contentTypes = array(
        );

Ciao,
Sacha

I needed this change, so I fixed it myself. In library/Waindigo/Tabs/Model/Tab.php
change all occurences of:
Code:
        $contentTypes = array(
            'thread' => new XenForo_Phrase('thread'),
            'conversation' => new XenForo_Phrase('conversation')
        );

to

Code:
        $contentTypes = array(
        );

Ciao,
Sacha
I've changed how this works in the latest version (the code for that method is competely different). I'll add an option in the next update.

Jon W updated Tabs by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.4.0 released

New features:
  • Added option to add any regular link as a tab. Note that if the link is to another XenForo page, the tabs will not appear on that page.
  • Added option to "Show Discussion Count on Forum Tabs".
  • Added option to "Show Post Count on Thread Tabs".
  • If a tab name is not specified for a content type in the options for the add-on, this content type will not be selectable in the drop down list when adding a new tab.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom