Tabs by Waindigo [Deleted]

I'm not sure if this update was in response to my previous post, @Waindigo , but it still won't allow adding a tab that points to a non-tabbed thread for me, giving the error "You may only select a content item that already has tabs."

The ability to use a URL is appreciated, but I'm wondering if you intend to implement the other suggestion to be able to add tabs pointing to non-tabbed threads?

I've tested with threads from normal forums and from Social Group forums.

I'm not sure if this update was in response to my previous post, @Waindigo , but it still won't allow adding a tab that points to a non-tabbed thread for me, giving the error "You may only select a content item that already has tabs."

The ability to use a URL is appreciated, but I'm wondering if you intend to implement the other suggestion to be able to add tabs pointing to non-tabbed threads?

I've tested with threads from normal forums and from Social Group forums.

You can already tab things that don't have tabs.

You have to make sure to go to the options for this addon and select a default tab.

Can we get drop downs on tabs, similar to how navigation tab drop downs work? This would be very handy in cases where you need to add a lot of tabs.

Getting a lot of this error, which I think is tied to this addon.
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to a member function getDefaultTabName() on a non-object - library/Waindigo/Tabs/Model/TabName.php:202
Generated By: Unknown Account, 18 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError('resource')
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(87) "http://thebabywearer.com/forum/resources/infant-bonding-development-and-babywearing.16/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

So i'm a bit confused on how to setup a new tab rule. I've played with bunch of different options and don't see how to make this work.

Trying to add a tab to an existing resource that would link to an existing xenmediagallery album. what would that tab rule look like?

Waindigo updated Tabs by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.9 released

New features:
  • Added ability to link existing media to newly created content (e.g., thread, resource, media).
  • Dialog for selecting existing media from gallery now includes option to select category first to filter images and allow selection from everyone's images and not just your own.
  • Updated to reflect changes to name of Xen Media Gallery to XenForo Media Gallery.
  • Removed option to show media tabs as media block. This feature will be re-released as a separate add-on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

If that first new feature works the way I think it does, I'll be downloading and installing Tabs again. That was exactly what it was missing for me.

I installed this addon, but there is an error message when I try to open a thread:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getDefaultTabName() on a non-object in /var/www/dev/forum.dev.scharesoft.de/library/Waindigo/Tabs/Model/TabName.php on line 202

In the moment there are no new tab rules defined.

Hi @Jon W, Not sure on how to use this addon.

Basically what i want to do is make some selected threads in the same node tabbed.
For example i have threads such as 'XXX Part 1, XXX Part 2, XXX Part 3, and want to tab them. Is this possible? When i goto edit the threads to somehow link them, i dont see any options specific to the tabs.

Top Bottom