Tabs by Waindigo [Deleted]

I find this add-on very useful, but I have two questions about possible feature additions.

1) In addition to creating rules for Threads and Resources, can the list of eligible content types be extended to include Articles (Libraries by Waindigo)? This would be useful for creating library articles that have discussion threads attached to them via tabs.

2) Can the Thread Criteria be extended to allow for thread prefix restriction in addition to node restriction? In this way the prefix could act as a "feature package" when creating new threads, and within a single forum there could be regular threads, tabbed threads of a certain kind, tabbed threads of another kind, and so on just depending on which prefix the poster has chosen.

I'm willing to contribute, although I don't know your pricing.

I find this add-on very useful, but I have two questions about possible feature additions.

1) In addition to creating rules for Threads and Resources, can the list of eligible content types be extended to include Articles (Libraries by Waindigo)? This would be useful for creating library articles that have discussion threads attached to them via tabs.

2) Can the Thread Criteria be extended to allow for thread prefix restriction in addition to node restriction? In this way the prefix could act as a "feature package" when creating new threads, and within a single forum there could be regular threads, tabbed threads of a certain kind, tabbed threads of another kind, and so on just depending on which prefix the poster has chosen.

I'm willing to contribute, although I don't know your pricing.
Please PM me to discuss pricing.

Which single add-on of yours are you proudest of?
This is difficult because the ones that I am most proud of are the ones which I want to spend time on to make them as good as I can, and then they become the ones I am least proud of because I don't have time, so they feel unfinished. The one that I am really excited about at the moment is Tabs by Waindigo – I have so much planned for it, and will hopefully actually have some time to make it into something really amazing.

I sort of nerded out when I read your interview & seen this. Just knowing I helped in the development of one or your favorite add-ons sort of brightened my day! Keep up the great work @Waindigo

Waindigo updated Tabs by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2 released

New features:
  • Added the ability to manually add existing threads/resources as tabs to other existing threads/resources. Users with the appropriate permission can now click the 'Add Tab' button and select the content to add as a tab.
  • Added the option to set a default tab name for resources and threads. This option is required if you would like to link to content that is not already tabbed with other content (and therefore does not already have a tab name). Tab names can still...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Waindigo updated Tabs by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2 released
I notice the new Add Tab feature does not let me add a tab to a thread that does not already have tabs linking to another thread that does not already have tabs. I understand this is probably due to a limitation of how tabs are implemented. However, it would be extremely useful (in my use case) for users to be able to at-will link threads together into tabs without being restricted to automatically enforced tab rules. Is there a way this could be allowed?

Top Bottom