XF 1.1 Table is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Robert F Schmitz

I clicked on my What's New this morning and get the following message. See screen shot. I would be greatly appreciative is someone can direct me as to what I need to do to repair the table noted. Thank you.

search-error.webp

OK I do not have a cpanel option. What I do have is phpMyAdmin installed.
From a search, the syntax for repair is

REPAIR [NO_WRITE_TO_BINLOG | LOCAL] TABLE
xf_search [, xf_search] ...
[QUICK] [EXTENDED] [USE_FRM]

It seems that the extended option is what I want to use. Sorry but this is beyond my experience. What does the repair command look like format wise to repair this correctly? Is this correct or do you recommend another approach?

OK after some more searching I read this article and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Occasionally database tables become corrupt and you are no long able to access them. It is a good idea to always backup your information in case it can't be restored. Fortunately, you can often fix the table so you can access the data again. Doing this in phpMyAdmin is a fairly simple process.
  1. Login to phpMyAdmin
  2. Choose the affected database. If you only have one database, it should choose it by default so you don't need to do anything.
  3. In the main panel, you should see a list of your database tables. Check the boxes by the tables that need repair.
  4. At the bottom of the window just below the list of tables, there is a drop down menu. Choose "Repair Table"
This should fix your table, and let you access it again. Now that it is fixed... it's a good idea to make that database backup!

Glad to see that you fixed the issue. But if your tables crash often then you must contact your host and let them know about it so they can check out things on their end.

I have a feeling it was related to an issue that they had about a week ago. I received a notice that they were having some problems and would need to do maintenance. The more that I read about the cause of the crash the more it seemed to tie back to the host's issues.

Top Bottom