SynoForum.com - for Synology enthusiasts

SynoForum.com celebrates the 2nd anniversary! 🎉🥳🥂🍾

Woohoo! 😎

If you are running a Synology NAS yourself, take a look at SynoForum.com. Lot's of interesting stuff you can find there. And our knowledgeable members will help you out in any case, we also have some Docker experts, so don't hesitate :P

SynoForum.com just passed 3,000 users and 33,350 posts (in 2 and a half years). Polite and helpful community. We are working hard to keep it that way.

Still sticking to the default style, just customized a bit, but still, no headaches when the new XenForo version comes out.

Last edited:
Today SynoForum.com has been awarded as one of the safest websites to be recommended for users in 2022 by sur.ly.

synoforum_award_2022_sur.ly_light.png

It was really a pleasant surprise because this award was given by an aggregated verdict based on the popular/trusted public ratings, user reviews, and compared to other websites in the same category in Sur.ly’s directory.

Just a quick update on the forum novelties:

And a big thank you to one of our staff members for an article on his blog:

Last edited:
SynoForum.com is celebrating its 3rd anniversary! 🥳🎉

A lot has happened to this day. We have over 3,400 members and almost 38,000 posts, with many knowledgeable users to help out less experienced ones, resources, and more. Thank you XenForo for this beautiful platform, our users really like it. We are still running a default style customized by us (no intent to look elsewhere) that suits our needs, added some really useful add-ons and we are waiting for our next anniversary :)

Make sure to check our site for a useful prize for your Synology since this year we are running a giveaway. Read more...

synoforum3rdanniversary.jpg

Last edited:
FYI
That's XF1 add-on. XF2 is supported or ask @Stuart Wright. But thanks for the notice. Not sure about other alternatives.

Last edited:
@BassMan Congrats on the three year mark! I keep forgetting to visit...but maybe it's good that my new-ish DS620slim is working so well. (Running it with SSDs for a media server--it's world faster than the old DS214play with spinning metal drives!)

Same here. Don't get me started on that developer...
Thank you! Yeah, NAS with SSD drives is like a rocket.

That's XF1 add-on. XF2 is supported or ask @Stuart Wright.
I found the link to the site where the newer version is offered in the meantime. 😁 (Caffeine hasn't kicked in yet. Kinda mentally slow for a few minutes yet!) And it was the one you linked to just a few posts above.

Thank you! Yeah, NAS with SSD drives is like a rocket.
Sure is--I think I'm even getting directory listings in about a quarter of the time it took me on the old NAS. The only hard part is copying everything over, especially when some files have screwy permissions that don't allow themselves to be copied. But I'll have it all settled in soon.

Top Bottom