SynoForum.com - for Synology enthusiasts

But with:

... it's easier to use and adds some extra features.

SynoForum.com is celebrating the first anniversary 🎉

Hooray! :)

Currently, SynoForum.com has almost 800 members and over 10.000 posts, useful resources, videos, images in the media gallery and more.

Last edited:
Absolutely brilliant looking website. If most of the functionality on the front end is done using the stuff on your other website then I am excited after recently getting an account upgrade over there ;)

Please keep up the good work!

Long time no post here, so...

SynoForum.com is growing and developing nicely. We already got a nice base of members with useful resources and information.

Currently, we have over 1,800 members, 23,300 posts. I think it is ok for not yet 2 years old forum. I am very happy with these statistics, but even more happy with the content and user activity. I think I've read somewhere on the XenForo community that forums are dying because of social media? I guess it really depends on your niche. No social media can beat forums with a search for information etc. Ok, got off-topic already...

We got a new section: Bartertown - forum for buy/sell/trade/gift IT items.

I don't like too much 3rd party add-ons on my forums to depend on, but recently we've added some. A referral system from @Siropu is one of them. Siropu is just great. Recommended. Also the Donations add-on.

The next one is more for fun - Badges add-on from @VersoBit. Hopefully, this one will get enough attention also here as a resource and continue with development because there is potential.

So, if you'd like to talk about NAS devices and other networking stuff, join our friendly and helpful community.

Thank you for your time.

Looking good! I might have to start getting active on it. Got my first synology setup the other day, a DS218J with 2x5TB drives.

Only a baby synology, still figuring out the stuff I can do with it.

Nice, there so much you can do with a NAS device. Come over to the community. We have a lot's experts that will help you out with the basics and beyond.

I think I've read somewhere on the XenForo community that forums are dying because of social media? I guess it really depends on your niche. No social media can beat forums with a search for information etc. Ok, got off-topic already...
Yeah, that topic pops up here a bit. I never have believed the premise that social media is killing forums since the forums I deal with directly (or own) have seen nothing but growth over the years. Social media for our niche interests is the "dumbed-down" version whereas the forums get in depth and have useful information. And Reddit is too much of a "wild west."

Nice, there so much you can do with a NAS device. Come over to the community. We have a lot's experts that will help you out with the basics and beyond.
I need to sign up there. I have an older DS214play and am looking to get a newer one with some bigger drives. (I'd do SSDs if they weren't so expensive.) Synology's own forum varies in quality--a lot of it is repeat information, and so much of it is outdated.

Top Bottom