Switch off jump to first unread?

Smooth

Hey guys and gals,

Is there a way to stop the jump to first unread feature when clicking a thread?

I would prefer that it always goes to the first post in the thread please?

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

You can edit the thread_list_item template to change the link to just point to the thread itself (as it does for guests or when it's read).

Find this:
Code:
<a href="{xen:link "threads{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', '/unread'}", $thread}"
                    title="{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', {xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}}"

Replace with this:
Code:
<a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}"
                    title="{xen:phrase go_to_first_message_in_thread}"

Thanks Mike :) Got the template but my head hurts trying to spot the code :) Any hints?

Try...

in thread_list_item Find:

Code:
<a href="{xen:link "threads{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', '/unread'}", $thread}"
title="{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', {xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}}"
class="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, PreviewTooltip}"
data-previewUrl="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, {xen:link threads/preview, $thread}}">{xen:helper wrap, $thread.title, 50}</a>
<xen:if is="{$thread.isNew}"><a href="{xen:link threads/unread, $thread}" class="unreadLink" title="{xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}"></a></xen:if>

Replace with:
Code:
<a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}"
title="{xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, '{xen:phrase go_to_first_message_in_thread}'}"
class="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, PreviewTooltip}"
data-previewUrl="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, {xen:link threads/preview, $thread}}">{xen:helper wrap, $thread.title, 50}</a>
<xen:if is="{$thread.isNew}"><a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}" class="unreadLink" title="{xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, '{xen:phrase go_to_first_message_in_thread}'}"></a></xen:if>

I think that should do the trick...

Top Bottom