1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switch off jump to first unread?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Smooth, May 26, 2011.

1. Smooth

Smooth Active Member

Hey guys and gals,

Is there a way to stop the jump to first unread feature when clicking a thread?

I would prefer that it always goes to the first post in the thread please?

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Clicking the time stamp will load the first post.

3. Smooth

Smooth Active Member

Thanks Brogan.

Any way to switch it off altogether so that clicking either takes you to the first post?

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You can edit the thread_list_item template to change the link to just point to the thread itself (as it does for guests or when it's read).

5. Smooth

Smooth Active Member

Thanks Mike :) Got the template but my head hurts trying to spot the code :) Any hints?

6. Brogan

Find this:
    Code:
    <a href="{xen:link "threads{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', '/unread'}", $thread}"
                        title="{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', {xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}}"
    Replace with this:
    Code:
    <a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}"
                        title="{xen:phrase go_to_first_message_in_thread}"

7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Try...

in thread_list_item Find:

Code:
    <a href="{xen:link "threads{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', '/unread'}", $thread}"
    title="{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', {xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}}"
    class="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, PreviewTooltip}"
    data-previewUrl="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, {xen:link threads/preview, $thread}}">{xen:helper wrap, $thread.title, 50}</a>
    <xen:if is="{$thread.isNew}"><a href="{xen:link threads/unread, $thread}" class="unreadLink" title="{xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}"></a></xen:if>

Replace with:
    Code:
    <a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}"
    title="{xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, '{xen:phrase go_to_first_message_in_thread}'}"
    class="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, PreviewTooltip}"
    data-previewUrl="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, {xen:link threads/preview, $thread}}">{xen:helper wrap, $thread.title, 50}</a>
    <xen:if is="{$thread.isNew}"><a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}" class="unreadLink" title="{xen:if {$visitor.user_id}, '{xen:phrase go_to_first_message_in_thread}'}"></a></xen:if>

I think that should do the trick...

8. Smooth

Smooth Active Member

:D thank you all! Super speedy responses!

I tried them in order... and tried Brogans first... worked an absolute treat.

Thank you!

9. Brogan

Russ' is actually more correct, I was being lazy and only did the first half of the code ;)

10. Smooth

Smooth Active Member

Have ammended to Russ' instructions.

Thank you both!