Suspicion of Piracy

AlexHBN

Hi everyone,

Recently someone I know has been bugging me to help set up his forum, as he installed XenForo but has never worked with any other software a day in his life. I reported the domain through the contact page already. If it is a pirated version, how long would it generally take for it to be looked at - or him being given a notice? I don't want to flat out say no since I think it's nulled, because it'd look bad on me if he actually did buy it. I just would like to find out so I know what to do. Thanks!

We don't disclose the result of any sort of investigation related to piracy.

He can verify to you he has a license by giving you his license validation token, which you can then check here: License Validation or if he is a member here and he posts in a support related forum.

Generally the company won't disclose any information one way or the other on matters such as this. So I doubt you'll ever really know one way or the other. You can verify yourself if his license is legit by asking the person that asked you for help for their validation token then input that in using the link in the footer of this site that says License Validation. They can get the token from their customer area.

We don't disclose the result of any sort of investigation related to piracy.

He can verify to you he has a license by giving you his license validation token, which you can then check here: License Validation or if he is a member here and he posts in a support related forum.

I know about the token thing but I don't want him hating me for getting his project shut down. I've only been looking for an anonymous way to do it.

Top Bottom