Suspended by Adsense

Of course...
  • Myself and my Mod Team used the Google search for hours (as above) to identify key words and phrases that are against GA ToS. When we found that content, it was either removed or obfuscated and any illegal links removed
  • We added over 100 new censor items
  • I personally trawled through over 47,000 attachment thumbnails
  • We hid our "Chillout" forum and made it members only
  • We stopped ad serving on our anti-Virus fixing forum, due to potentially hazardous links being posted
  • We removed two other nodes and 8 sub-nodes completely
If I remember anything else, I'll post it.

Would you mind sharing your censor words?

I have never found a SINGLE ad service that pays even 20% of what Adsense pays.

Well I guess your right, my revenue went from YAY to 0.00 over the past three days. nothing has changed except traffic but Idk. I try and sell direct ads though.

The suspended AdSense account usually happens when people don't hard delete the problematic posts but soft delete them. It's a major problem between XF and AdSense, and unfortunately I had to discover it the hard way:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/soft-delete-vs-hard-delete-posts-google-adsense.59149/

I basically wrote them that I've deleted more than 1000 posts + XX threads, and they've released the ban. You need to be very specific with them. Don't just say "I've deleted the url that you referred to" and that's it. Even if you can't find anything, just say you did.

Last edited:
Hi all

My forum has been suspended (not closed) by Adsense. We made changes and went back to them with an appeal but they have come back and said that there are still violations...We are a fairly large forum, with over 900,000 posts (Tech Support) and rely on the income from Adsense.

The violation that was cited (the link we were provided with) was a link posted, to a movie sharing site that the mods must have missed - 3 years ago. We have a stringent posting policy, so it is rare for this type of content to get onto the boards, and stay there.

We added a lot (over 60) of censor items and stopped ad serving on a particular forum that could be prone to having possibly dodgy links posted - an anti-virus fixing forum, where users post their logs.

My questions to you guys...
  • Does anyone know how to properly assess the outstanding violations on such a large forum?
  • As we are a fairly good Adsense earner, even though we don't have an account manager, is there a way to contact them and get more information?
  • Is there a way for Google to provide further details, without lodging another appeal?
  • Is there a paid service (for instance) that could look through the whole site and make recommendations as to why the violations are taking place?
It would be different if we were a borderline site, but we don't allow anything that would remotely put us in violation of these conditions...at least, that's what we thought.

I fully accept that if there are policies in place then they need to be adhered to. It's just knowing where the heck to start, in trying to find the violations?

Thanks.

I just got a notice too... for "Copyright violation"... I didn't see anything obvious on the page they presented but I deleted the link on the page. (even when I went to the site it wend to it wasn't obvious).

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

That's the problem with Adsense. They can pay great revenue, but you never know when they will pull the plug.

You could try Bing and Yahoo ads (media.net) instead.

I also know that buysellads is a good idea as smartpixels has said.

Is this the thread where I can sign up for the suspended account club?

colorful_rainbow_party.jpg

I am joining the party as well as the Google bot (can't be a person doing this) flagged our site for a violation as well based on a possible Formula 1 copyright violation. (the page contained a usercreated, non-commercial racing game mod)

Of course this happens exactly in the month we are having double costs because of a server migration that was just finished two days ago.

Gutted really.

@Bram - same thing happened to me the other day. They are flagging "mods" because it looks like you are linking to games. I'm wondering if we can create a "code box" that will provide links to mod tools that bots cannot see. That would take care of most of the issues with our site. But if you would like to see what I sent Google when I disputed, hmu on pm.

Thanks man, but I already sent a dispute and after that I am done with it to be honest.

Good incentive to focus more on our partnership with BuySellAds and start selling our own inventory.

I had more than enough of this partnership with google adsense. Revenue has been dropping like mad since we have moved to a fully responsive design and Google changing their text ad design almost on weekly basis isn't helping either.

Its just crazy, we have been closely following their TOS since day one. Been extremely (too) careful about the placements and now some silly bot flags you for nothing.

If they don't want our revenue thats fine, ill bring it to someone who does.

Reactions: rdn
I just went through being suspended and reinstated as well. First a warning hit back in April for a thread from 2007, then another in October, then 2 in a row in November then suspended mid-December. I learned a lot during the process (was on VB at that time still) and had to basically cleanse 1.25million posts over 8 years so the forum seems a little sterile now.

It's frustrating, but you have to play the game by their rules if you want to stay with them.

I've been on Adsense since 2007 so they must have a new system/process for reviewing pics/etc---one of the hits was on a user's avatar that was tiny and he only had 19 posts total, all in 2010.

Reactions: rdn
I just went through being suspended and reinstated as well. First a warning hit back in April for a thread from 2007, then another in October, then 2 in a row in November then suspended mid-December. I learned a lot during the process (was on VB at that time still) and had to basically cleanse 1.25million posts over 8 years so the forum seems a little sterile now.

It's frustrating, but you have to play the game by their rules if you want to stay with them.

I've been on Adsense since 2007 so they must have a new system/process for reviewing pics/etc---one of the hits was on a user's avatar that was tiny and he only had 19 posts total, all in 2010.
Yeah, I found that hiding a general discussion section helps...as Google doesn't seem to like sites that post news that has certain keywords in it like "rape". We had one article about some rape victim and was hit with a warning on that...it's sad that something like a news article like that can get us in trouble.

I've also made it so guests can't see avatars or signatures. Also, Brogan has a conditional set up in his Responsive Ads post so it removes ads from various pages (error pages, login ,etc) that everyone should follow.

and what was that avatar image?

and what was that avatar image?
It can be a girl in a bikini, heck, she could even be surfing and they would flag you for it. It's getting absurd. Yet, when you see the ads they display on our sites, the ads are 10x worse than anything we are getting flagged for and even some of the ads directly violate adwords TOS...yet we still keep getting them.

It can be a girl in a bikini, heck, she could even be surfing and they would flag you for it. It's getting absurd. Yet, when you see the ads they display on our sites, the ads are 10x worse than anything we are getting flagged for and even some of the ads directly violate adwords TOS...yet we still keep getting them.
Somebody please create a scumbag steve meme about this :LOL:

My friends got suspended today. But it's a ID language based site. 90% of post and content in his site is based on Indonesian Language.

Do you think google use their translate engine to check my friends site?

Would you mind sharing your censor words?
Has anyone a good list of censored words? My imagination is lacking.

I was also wondering would it be possible to have the censor only censor guests but allow members to see the content? Wouldn't that pass the adsense bots test?

Top Bottom