Suspended by Adsense

Adsense can remove your site for pretty much any reason.

Not only can you not link to an "illegal" sites... you can't link to any sites that link to illegal sites.

So theoretically, you can't even link to google, because google links to illegal sites.

Thank you guys, some great (more) ideas for us to try today!

We really appreciate your input.

With sites that big I don't see why forum owners don't start doing direct sales before Google drops the hammer on them. For a large site I'm sure the costs can get up there. There are add ons to handle this in the resource manger that will allow you to sell you own ads and fill empty spots with adsense. This would allow you to still use it while increasing revenue. Once you get things rolling you might not need them at all.

This is just my opinion but I see some many sites that have to delay with them being like a tired 2 year old. You never know when they are going to snap.

Another company has way too much control over your business.

James

Sometimes it's a marriage of convenience; personally I'd love to sell ads direct, I just don't have the time or resources to do so at the moment (between working full-time, helping out at home, and running my sites in the remaining spare time).

Ironically, Adsense will be a big part in enabling me to go full-time and do just that! :)

Sometimes it's a marriage of convenience; personally I'd love to sell ads direct, I just don't have the time or resources to do so at the moment (between working full-time, helping out at home, and running my sites in the remaining spare time).

Ironically, Adsense will be a big part in enabling me to go full-time and do just that! :)

At least one option is self serve, you can't get much more convenient then that. And I believe it is all set up so you can keep running adsense till you have enough ads to replace it. So you don't have to just drop it.

James

At least one option is self serve, you can't get much more convenient then that. And I believe it is all set up so you can keep running adsense till you have enough ads to replace it. So you don't have to just drop it.

James

Yeah, when I do I'll probably go down the route of moving over to DfP with Adsense backfill to start ... but I'll stop here so don't crash lazer's thread. ;)

Well guys, after over 100 man hours of work this week and some great tips here and amazing help from other sources, the ad serving has been re-enabled.

Thank you, if you contributed to this thread.

#relieved

Well guys, after over 100 man hours of work this week and some great tips here and amazing help from other sources, the ad serving has been re-enabled.

Thank you, if you contributed to this thread.

#relieved
Can you explain a little bit of what you did so others with the same problem can take the same steps you have?

Of course...
  • Myself and my Mod Team used the Google search for hours (as above) to identify key words and phrases that are against GA ToS. When we found that content, it was either removed or obfuscated and any illegal links removed
  • We added over 100 new censor items
  • I personally trawled through over 47,000 attachment thumbnails
  • We hid our "Chillout" forum and made it members only
  • We stopped ad serving on our anti-Virus fixing forum, due to potentially hazardous links being posted
  • We removed two other nodes and 8 sub-nodes completely
If I remember anything else, I'll post it.

We have also disabled DP's In-Post Ad Placement add-on as a precautionary measure, although this one is going to hurt!

We have also disabled DP's In-Post Ad Placement add-on as a precautionary measure, although this one is going to hurt!
I disabled it too for a few months after I got my warning from them. After they fixed their system, I was able to see exactly why I received that warning. What I have done is make the color of the ads totally different than the site colors and haven't received any warnings yet *knocks on wood*

I disabled it too for a few months after I got my warning from them. After they fixed their system, I was able to see exactly why I received that warning. What I have done is make the color of the ads totally different than the site colors and haven't received any warnings yet *knocks on wood*
So you are still using the DP add-on but just with very different colours for the links?

You should try out media.net which is partnered with Bing and Yahoo. So far I have enjoyed it more then adsense.

You should try out media.net which is partnered with Bing and Yahoo. So far I have enjoyed it more then adsense.
I've heard people were making roughly 5-10x less at media.net than Adsense (these are people with big boards so it's quite significant).

Reactions: rdn
Hmm, Maybe its me, I have been making more from Media.net then I was with Adsense. But I will have to give it a few weeks to really test it. But so far I am doing pretty nice.

Top Bottom