Resource icon

[SurreyForum] XenKingDir: Link / Business Directory (Directory) 1.2.0.8

No permission to download
don't reisntall it, if you havent changed the core css (since you will need to re-configure the directory nodes), wait for Arty's response, since I have a feeling it might be something his plugin does to rename the core css from .accountSideBar to .containerSideBar (and other core css class renames)

As a test for this, can you just update the sfdirectory_index template (and change class="accounrSideBar" to class="containerSideBar")

The css class accounrSideBar exists in the core css (so in theory should always exist)
The css class containerSideBar doesn't exsit in the core css (and may have come from another plugin)
Just changed class="accountSideBar" to class="containerSideBar" as per your request, and that has sorted the positioning - thanks. :)

It still needs some styling to make the different elements stand out/tidy a few things up, though:

xenkingdir_responsive_2.webp

If anyone can help with this, that would be great. :)

Actually, what would be brilliant would be if I could do away with the Category headings altogether in the main section. As in, it lists all the Directory entries in the main section, and you simply filter/drill-down to what you want by using the Categories in the left-hand sidebar.

Is that possible?

Thanks for a great Add-on, and your great support. :)

Just changed class="accountSideBar" to class="containerSideBar" as per your request, and that has sorted the positioning - thanks. :)

That's what I thought, it would be quicker if Arty told you what core names he changed (if it is his addon that changed then names), then you can just go through and update the template (or wait for an update from arty to re-include the core css classes to support other plug-ins)

tenants updated [SurreyForum] XenKingDir: Link / Business Directory (Directory) with a new update entry:

xenKingDir v1.2.0.0

The long awaited permissions have now been added:

XenKingDir - User Permissions
Can View Directory
Can Edit Own Listing Details
Can View Reviews
Can Submit Listing
Can Claim Listing

XenKingDir - Moderator Permissions
Can Set Claimable
Can Edit Any Listing Details

Cleaned up some code around the permission rebuilding, so this should have also fixed the bug that some hidden forums become exposed when re-ordering the directory nodes (I'll need people to tell me / retest, since I was still...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the update! I've not had any issues with forum permissions being deleted after I upgraded. (Have been re-ordering, deleting both single sub-categories and top-level categories with sub-categories within them, and renamed categories.) So this is promising so far.

Is there a problem with guests being able to view the directory?
I have:

Can View Directory = Allow
Can View Reviews = Allow

I even enabled all the options - still unable for a guest so use the directory.

Very stupid error

fixed by taking out:

if (!$viewingUser['user_id'])
{
return false;
}

from XenKingDir_Model_Perms::canViewDirectory
same issue with XenKingDir_Model_Perms::canViewReviews

Update in 5 mins

Dear tenants,

Thanks for great Add-ons.
But i have some problem with it.
It's error when i try to add or edit listing. Please help me fix.

Thanks

The following error occurred:

Argument 1 passed to XenForo_DataWriter::bulkSet() must be an array, boolean given, called in /public_html/library/XenKingDir/ControllerPublic/Reviews.php on line 592 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 974
  2. XenForo_DataWriter->bulkSet() in XenKingDir/ControllerPublic/Reviews.php at line 592
  3. XenKingDir_ControllerPublic_Reviews->actionModifyLogo() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /public_html/index.php at line 13

Dear tenants,

Thanks for great Add-ons.
But i have some problem with it.
It's error when i try to add or edit listing. Please help me fix.

Thanks

Hi NgoChinh, can you give me more details to your scenario,

I've tried to edit and save a Listing, I did not see an error.
I've added a new listing and did not see this error

Can you tell me
1) What permissions that user has
2) What you have set your "Directory Forum" to in the Admin Control Panel
3) Is this a new install (have you had it working before)
(If possible, PM me the site URL ... it might help if I can see it)

If you are using a new install, I suspect the "Directory Forum" in the admin control panel may not have been set correctly

Your error above comes from modifying the logo (which I also tested and saw no error):

$threadId = $this->_input->filterSingle('thread_id', XenForo_Input::UINT);
$threadMap = $threadMapModel->getThreadMapById($threadId);
$writer->bulkSet($threadMap)

In your case, $threadMap is false implying no thread_id, possibly implying no "Directory Forum" defined in the ACP

Hello, please check PM. Thanks

The issue was related to internationalisation support, if others see this issue, they can run this query:

ALTER TABLE sf_xenkingdir_thread_map DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

(or export, drop, convert sf_xenkingdir_thread_map to utf8, and then re-import as NgocChinh had done)

Fixed for new installs in next release 1.2.0.2

I just upgraded from like 4 versions ago and it seems my directory page has disappeared... I had renamed it Bars before but now there is nothing there... The upload however seemed to go smoothly...

I just upgraded from like 4 versions ago and it seems my directory page has disappeared... I had renamed it Bars before but now there is nothing there... The upload however seemed to go smoothly...
It's probably due to the new-ish permission settings. You have to enable it for each of your usergroups, I think.

Yes, if you upgrade, you'll now need to add permissions to each of your user groups (since they never existed before)

Without setting these permissions, users do not have the permissions to view the directory or reviews (It's not possible to add default permissions for an AddOn, and I think it would be wrong for me to do so anyway)

Hi Tenants,

I'm really interested in this addon, but I've read somewhere that hidden forums become unbidden, is that still the case? Trust it doesn't show private conversations (I doubt that it would, just being cautious)

Hi Tenants,

I'm really interested in this addon, but I've read somewhere that hidden forums become unbidden, is that still the case? Trust it doesn't show private conversations (I doubt that it would, just being cautious)

It shouldn't be the case any more
I could never re-produce it, but I fixed something in that area that could have caused it

This never caused a problem with private conversations, it was an issue on installing with some hidden fields, I believe it's fixed.

Karll who previously could reproduce it, didn't manage to reproduce it after the fix:

Thanks for the update! I've not had any issues with forum permissions being deleted after I upgraded. (Have been re-ordering, deleting both single sub-categories and top-level categories with sub-categories within them, and renamed categories.) So this is promising so far.

Top Bottom