Resource icon

[SurreyForum] XenKingDir: Link / Business Directory (Directory) 1.2.0.8

No permission to download
2. My question, is about the wording used currently.
Currently the prefix box is labeled:
Filter By Prefix:
can I change the wording of this e.g. to " Filter by Location " or " Filter by Area " ? - If so, which text template do I have to edit ?

Yes, I've added it as a phrase so it's easy to change

Go to the ACP >> Appearance >> Phrases

And find the phrase "filter_by_prefix"

update the text within the Phrase Text Box

1. It would be nice if " Filter by Prefix " box would show up in the main directory page.
This way we could see e.g. only "Guildford related entries" right from the beginning.
It could look a bit like this :

This might be a little harder, this would mean the prefix would have to persist through out the directory (every link within the directory would have to include a prefix.. if available).
This isn't possible right now, but I'll add it to the to-do list

I think it would also be nice to include the prefix title in the page title & directory title (not just for SEO reasons, but usability)... I'll add these both to the to-do (but they're lower priority than others)

Maybe a strange question, but I'm using your directory addon as a sort of contact list, with (personal) contact info of our users. We like to have that info at hand (small forum <100).
But I can't seem how to find out to hide the directory from the nav bar. I can limit guests permissions so they eventually need to log in, but I want to hide it completely.

Is that hard to do?

Maybe a strange question, but I'm using your directory addon as a sort of contact list, with (personal) contact info of our users. We like to have that info at hand (small forum <100).
But I can't seem how to find out to hide the directory from the nav bar. I can limit guests permissions so they eventually need to log in, but I want to hide it completely.

Is that hard to do?

not at all, it should be easy.

• Login to the admin control panel
  • Select: Home >> Options >>[SurreyForum] XenKingDir
  • Tick the option: Hide Directory From Nav (should be the second option down)
  • Save the changes
This only hides it from the Nav bar (which is what I think you wanted).

Although, it sounds like you might want to hide the directory listing completely for non-logged in users. This would require group permisions (something still on my to do list)

not at all, it should be easy.

• Login to the admin control panel
  • Select: Home >> Options >>[SurreyForum] XenKingDir
  • Tick the option: Hide Directory From Nav (should be the second option down)
  • Save the changes
This only hides it from the Nav bar (which is what I think you wanted).

Although, it sounds like you might want to hide the directory listing completely for non-logged in users. This would require group permisions (something still on my to do list)
Well, that hides the nav for everbody. I want to choose a group which does have access or (if that is too hard to do) at least only allow registered people to see the option.

That would be permision based, I'll need to add functionality for that (it's on my to-do list... and fairly high up now ;) )

Slavik's Review said:
Installing this addon caused all forums set as private to have the privacy setting removed. Discussions and forums meant for staff eyes only ended up being visible to everybody on the site...

I just encountered the same issue, I installed this add-on yesterday, and in the afternoon I was getting complaints that regular registered users could see the posts, and reply to threads in the hidden Staff forum.

I'm kinda confused about it, I've never played with the node permissions in the Staff forum, the permissions were carried over from my vB import, and I don't remember making any alterations or adjustments to the configuration.

After discovering this issue, I checked the node permissions and Private node was unchecked, and I also had to update the Moderating group to give them access to the forum. I also disabled this add-on just to be sure...

Is it just me or is their more than one way to configure a private forum? I thought you could also set individual permission to access a forum?

After my adjustments I think things have returned to normal.

One other issue, I had one Moderator complain that suddenly their name stopped appearing in the Staff Online list, it turned out the mod was no longer listed as assigned to any current nodes. Other mods appear to have not been affected. Also the mod group could no longer see private users online, which I pretty sure I let them do before. It's odd that this all happened at about the same time.

I'm curious if theres any ETA on some of the updates for this resource we need? Remember myself and others will help pitch in $$$ :)

This may have been mentioned by others, but too tired to read through all the 8 pages (sorry!):
Would it be possible to add in a rating/scoring feature? So each person who reviews a business gives it a score (e.g. a score between 1 and 5) and then an average for each business is calculated and displayed.

Would it be possible to add in a rating/scoring feature?

Yes its on the 1st page (1st post) to do list, I'll try to get one of these ticked off every other week (unless there are bugs), I'm working on another plugin this week, but will work on this next week... This enhancement has been mentioned more than once, so I'll look into doing this next

I just encountered the same issue, I installed this add-on yesterday, and in the afternoon I was getting complaints that regular registered users could see the posts, and reply to threads in the hidden Staff forum.

I'm kinda confused about it, I've never played with the node permissions in the Staff forum, the permissions were carried over from my vB import, and I don't remember making any alterations or adjustments to the configuration.

Sounds like a bona fide bug that will need to be fixed (and people need to be made aware off)

I'll add it to the to-do list and look into it, at far as I'm aware... this has been reported twice and only happened on fresh installs (something I've not tested thoroughly)

Yes its on the 1st page (1st post) to do list, I'll try to get one of these ticked off every other week (unless there are bugs), I'm working on another plugin this week, but will work on this next week... This enhancement has been mentioned more than once, so I'll look into doing this next
Ah, I can't believe I missed that. Well, that looks very promising then. I'm hoping to use the add-on for restaurant reviews, but was thinking it could perhaps be used/adapted for general product reviews as well. Have you considered that?

How I can bulk import items from my old directory ? I need some php function like add_to_listing (category, title, .... etc)... Can you help me ?

I'm willing to part with a £40 contribution if the rating/scoring feature is implemented. Just saying!

How I can bulk import items from my old directory ?

There has been many requests for this, and without some sort of functionality - or at least database schema information to do it myself - it's the only reason why I haven't implemented this and made a donation. It's a terrific add-on, but I just don't have the time to manually input 90+ categories and 1,000+ entries.

Has anyone done this before? Tenants - are you ignoring these requests purposefully, or just missing them everytime?

Hi Mouth, this might help you (a reply to a previous conversation)

I would try this on a local installation... I'm not going to write the sql script for you since I'm quite busy, and I can't do this for each individual custom directory type, how far have you got with it so far?

The tables you want to look at are:

xf_thread, xf_post: to create the name and desciption of the thread & 1st post (these are core tables, since the plug-in runs off of a hidden forum)
sf_xenkingdir_thread_map: contains the address, city, zip code (postcode) and image/logo url

longitude, latitude are not stored (the address is simply fed to google maps)

What I would do if I was you, is
1) on a local test forum, install xenkingdir (get it working)
2) create some listings and watch how these tables above are populated
3) Design a sql script that can use your existing db values and populate xenkingdir on you test environment

There will be various directories (the reply to the above was for a custom directory, which would be hard to support), if there are popular directories with multiple people requesting an import mechanism for a give directory type, I'll look into writting something, but I can't write a mechanism for each individual person, so I've provided the info above to help you figure out the SQL required to import

Top Bottom